Marijke de Jong - straightness training

Stamper

Dec 9, 2015
What a coincidence laceyfreckle! I just came across her website last night! Really liked the free videos she has up and she explains everything very clearly. I'd love to do this with my little prissy Welsh /Arab it would do her a world of good! Did you see a price for the course?

Here's the link for anyone else who might be interested:

http://straightnesstraining.com/marijke/

Reactions: laceyfreckle

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Would love my horse to be able to do this, however I think that I would need years of training first to understand how before I could ask the horse. Always wondered how the top dressage riders get there horses to do the fancy stuff.

Reactions: Stamper

Stamper

Dec 9, 2015
I just downloaded her free e-book. Some comments on the site said that the book wouldn't download but I had no problem with it. Guess I need to order a cavesson.

I love that picture chunky monkey! :)

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
I like the idea of it, but the cost of the home study course has put me off - well, it's made it a no-go at the moment, although one of my instructor's is beginning Straightness Training so I might be able to dabble in it. Plus, I've just started lessons with Ride With Your Mind instructor, so giving that a go.

If it wasn't for the cost, I'd look into more though I think.

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
I think there's a special offer atm where the course is about £110. I am considering it - would be good if others were doing it too, would make me want to then I think.
I do a fair bit of groundwork etc anyway but am going off the more nh style work in the search for something a bit more refined

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I recently brought a book about straightness training from another trainer, it resonates strongly with me and I plan to give it a try with Jess, regardless getting more flexible won't do her any harm. The book I was recommended was 'correct movement in horses; improving straightness and balance' it was a pretty easy read and definitely got me interested, I've now leant it to my farrier to hopefully get him on board too :D
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Correct-Mov...30&sr=8-1&keywords=Correct+movement+in+horses

amandal

Feb 12, 2004
Somerset
I've been to a few clinics by Joyce Mulder, who's great explaining things in person. Found those much easier to follow than the on line stuff.

Personally, I prefer the Connected Riding system by Peggy Cummings, mainly because it really works for Pebbles, she learnt to evade with ST but isn't allowed to with this system.

LindaAd

Feb 20, 2000
Dorset, UK
Visit site
I've been doing a bit of this with Hebe - started with the free stuff, then I bought the Home Study Course when the half price offer was on (I'm not sure if it's still on). I've had three or four lessons with an ST instructor too; she's very positive and encouraging, and absolutely brilliant at motivating horses, and explaining how it all works. It's not actually all as cut and dried as it seems; often if you ask how to explain something to a horse, the reply is "just experiment and work it out" and I like that. I'm not keen on the hard sell, but as long as it makes Hebe happy it suits me.