Maps of coiunty durham with right of ways

Flaxen_Storm

Feb 17, 2009
Chester le Street, durham
Hi there,
Years ago I got a map that covered the whole of Sunderland with all of the right of ways for horses, bikes, etc on it. It was fantastic as I had my horses in the Penshaw area where there are millions of little tracks so it stopped me from getting lost and I now know the hacks like the back of my hand lol.
I am now in Chester le Street and would love a similar map of the county durham area.
Does anybody have any good ones that they would recommend? And where did you get them from?
Thanks! xx

Not sure if it's of any help but I use the online definitive map from northumberland.gov website. Equivelant for county durham is here I think http://www.durham.gov.uk/pages/Service.aspx?ServiceId=5655

Although fiddly, once you get the hang of it it's handy =] Perhaps there is a different def.map for durham as this one isn't as good at highlighting rights of way as the northumberland one is...

HTH =]

If you buy paper OS map of the areas you plan to ride in, you can compare the ROWs and other tracks shown on them with those shown on the council's definitive map.

The OS maps are a good guide to ROWs and other paths, though not 100% up to date given that there can be daily changes to the definitive map and the OS map was printed a couple of years ago.

newrider.com