Managers who make you feel useless..

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Why do they do it?

I have one who is great and one who I hate.

The one I hate always speaks down of me, I sold 4k of furniture yesterday on a rainy sat and despite only being in this job 3 weeks, he said 'well, it could be better, maybe next weekend you'll get the hang of things more and do better'

And then this morning he made me give the staff briefing but said it wasn't long enough so did it all again in front of me, talk about humiliating...

How are your managers?

What a plonker he sounds:yellowcarded: He's probably bullied shocking by his wife / girl friend / kids.....:tongue: so feels the need to assert his authority! If it were me, I would be uber nice and creepy towards him. You can have a good laugh behind his back!lol. Don't let him see he's bothered you - just try your best and in the end he will give up no doubt. Hope things get better:smile:

I have some nice ones and one terror - said manager is very changeable in mood with me - one minute all enthusiasm, helpful and nice, the next minute as nippy as anything. I walk on eggshells. Hate inconsistency in attitude, screams poor management style.

Ale your manager sounds shit, self involved and not the attitude of a good manager. It's a shame that so many managers don't truly understand what their position entails.

Mine gives me whiplash with her mood swings.

Some days (like yesterday) she is absolutely spot on. We have a laugh and I wouldnt dream of leaving. Though her strange sense of humour entails making me water plants in the rain ... luckily I see the funny side and just crack on. I can waste 10 mins outside watering plants and doing naff all

Some days (like wednesday) she speaks to me like absolute shite and makes me feel 2" tall.

I prefer my manager over 1 of my team leaders who can be awful and really unprofessional and puts me in a fowl mood

I can honestly say I have only ever worked for one person for whom I had the utmost respect as a manager, she was very open, approachable and helpful but if you got something wrong she would speak to you about it, the difference being she would talk to you, not at you and never in front of anyone else, she would point out the mistake and ask if there was a way you thought it could have been done differently/better, she never criticised or put anyone down, she also would ask if there was anything she could do to help you, for example could she organise extra training or maybe show you a different way to do something, I loved her in fact the whole team did, she was scottish and had a wicked sense of humour too! I find it very sad that most 'managers' are actually quite rubbish at their jobs
The last one I had was a complete cow on a power trip, this one is actually ok as she pretty much leaves me alone to get on with things, Ale yours sounds like an utter tit! One consolation is I bet everyone else thinks he's just a plonker too and don't take a fat lot of notice, I had one like that once the sad thing was he really didn't realise that everyone was laughing at him behind his back.

My current manager is lovely but I've worked for some power crazed nightmares in the past. Working in the female-dominated women's magazine market, you quite often come across women who've clawed their way to the top and will stamp hard on anyone they perceive as a threat, undermining them and demoralising them. The opposite of good management! I must admit I generally chose to move on quickly from those jobs. Some battles you know you're not going to win.

One of the main reasons I don't employ well. I'd have got the sack for telling him how his attitude stank in front of the rest of the staff.

After my comment this morning about my manager sometimes being alright this morning she by all accounts was an absolute dick and made me look 2" tall on our busiest day bang on dinner hour with all the staff about. Luckily I can laugh it off and reply with sarcasm but sometimes she does make me feel tiny

newrider.com