Making a Will

jovi_y2k2

Apr 5, 2002
South Yorkshire
Slightly morbid topic but essential and something I have neglected to do since buying our house!

Finally getting round to sorting a will but I was just wondering if anyone has used an online company to write one? Any recommendations or ones to steer clear of?

I got sent a press release about an online company that does free wills the other day. I'll see if I can find it.

Mr T and I made one back in 1994 when we bought our first house together - we used a local solicitor that we knew of. We use him for all our legal things and one thing he did say was that when we married in 2000 we ought to make a new will....still haven't got around to that!!! We made one back in1994 as we weren't married. I should imagine if anything happened now that we are married it would be pretty straight forward.
One thing I do worry about tho is if we both popped our clogs what would happen to the horses as my MIL would simply try and take charge of things and Storm would be sold! She would return Chloe to the charity. I know for a fact she cares nothing for them and would just dispose of Storm and not care that she was splitting them apart. On that basis I should get myself sorted and make provision for them should anything happen to the both of us. My family are not the kind to step in and take charge so I fear MIL would be left to sort things!!! She asked me only last summer why I didn't just get rid of them when we were hard up! Anyway, I digress into a rant.....lol

Our first one was done with a CD bought from the net for doing wills, it had a template fir English and Scottish law. But once my father died and my son was 18 we made a new one as a lot of stuff in the old one was totally out of date and things were a bit more complex.

We used the family solicitor to write up the new one.

One thing I would say, life is made so much easier for those left behind if there is a family solicitor you trust to be executor and one of the main beneficiaries to the will too as joint executors, that way things go smoothly.

I've made my family aware of my wishes for Flipo. It played on my mind for ages and I finally realised what I wanted and had a deep and meaningful conversation with my dad and sister about it all. I need to commit it to paper though, just in case! If I had children I'd definitely make a will, I'd feel irresponsible if I didn't.

I've made my family aware of my wishes for Flipo. It played on my mind for ages and I finally realised what I wanted and had a deep and meaningful conversation with my dad and sister about it all. I need to commit it to paper though, just in case! If I had children I'd definitely make a will, I'd feel irresponsible if I didn't.

I have told my mum what our horses mean and what to do but if the time came I wonder if she would just be bamboozled by MIL so I am definitely going to see about making a proper will - I owe it to the girlies!!!

newrider.com