Making a saddle look small

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
Following on from Rubic's thread about girths where I said Mac needs a 60" one, I thought of his saddle. He has an 18" extra wide and I've always thought he makes it look small although when I carry it about it definitely isn't small !

Incidentally I was looking for a dressage girth once and at one tack shop I was asked what size ordinary girth I had. I was asked if I was sure it was 60" - like I wouldn't know what I had.

I know Mac is fairly big but I suppose because I'm used to him I don't think anything of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 44
I have the same issue! Mac is a gorgeous big lad, and I think the Numnah or saddle cloth does a lot to help deceive the eye so the saddle looks bigger!
Flip takes a 17" xxw (there might be another x in there I don't know!) I could do with a bigger seat but his back is too short. He's like a Clydesdale with the legs cut short - all barrell. Sometimes I look at him and feel like he's wearing his little back pack. Just like my nephew who wears his!!

Absolutely no contribution from me to this thread apart from loving all your horses!!!!! I do love admiring them....just shown OH too.

I'm always amazed by the variety of sizes, shapes and colours of horses there are on this forum. They are all lovely in their own way.

newrider.com