Magnetic Therapy boots/wraps/rugs?

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Have any of you tried any of the above? If so are they any good, what condition were you using them for and would you recommend them?

Not sure where this should go so please feel free to move admin. Thanks!

Not tried but will be very interested in replies, I've been looking at those massage pads for backs and when fellow livery bought one she let Belle try it, it seemed to be very relaxing (Belle dozed) and Im sure she seemed looser afterwards.

I got the equilibrium magnetic stable chaps from Rubic when she was recovering from her ligament injury. I put them on in the stable overnight and she was out during the day. I have to say that I do think they helped. She seemed to feel pretty good in herself when I was using them. They were about £50 when I bought them new and I just sold mine to one of my riding instructors for £25. I felt it was £50 well spent.

I use magnetic boots on Lucy in the stable overnight in winter or any time she is standing in for more than an hour or so. She has spavin in her hocks, fully treated and fused but I use the boots to help stimulate blood flow and reduce stiffness. She is also on superflex and oil daily, has monthly physio and a weekly massage, but this management has her happy and passed by the vet as sound fir fast paced hacking, jumping up to 90cm as long as surface good. I also yae then after jumping or xc to help stiffness and reduce any pyffiness in her hocks. I find mine really good.

I just checked on ebay.... the price of them have gone up! They were just £50 with free p&p when I bought them but the cheapest pair I can find are £63 and they are "BNWOT". It just so happened that RI's horse had injured herself and I said she could borrow them and when I saw her she was asking if I was going to get another horse etc and I said yes but not for a good few years so I was selling nearly everything so she offered to buy the boots.

I did use boots yes, it was when she was seriously ill and I tried everything going!
I got secondhand and she had them on maybe three hours a day.
Did they help, who knows, but she is still here so something alongside the vet worked. They gave her a 20% chance, I put in the 80%!!

I do believe they do something, wearing magnets makes me very nauseous! I use magnets for just about any injury, I didn't splash out on expensive horse ones though, I brought a human wrist wrap (it doesn't matter where on the body it is in relation to the injury as it's said to effect whole circulatory system) in the appropriate strength for £10 online, when Bo's hock was bad it certainly seemed to ease it.

I'm late to the party here, but I must say what a difference the rambo ionic fleece and leg wraps (hind) made to my mare with Shivers.. Out during the day in winter but stabled overnight. She is obviously very much missing them now she is out 24/7, so I have bought an ionic cotton sheet to put on under a no-fill, plus an edt magnet rug for Spares. I am looking forward to some improvement in her leg-waving. IMHO ionics/a gentle magnetised rug is the answer.

Reactions: Lollykay and Huggy
newrider.com