Magnetic Therapies

charl

Jun 23, 2016
As above...what are peoples thoughts/experiences? Good/indifferent?

Just interested as I have recently started using magnetic wraps to help treat a splint (yet to see improvements).

I have used alongside veterinary treatment. It doesn't harm. Did it help, well my horse came sound, would she anyway, probably.

Interestingly my insurance covers me for alternative treatments, my vet doesn't believe in it though.

I have lent magnetic wraps to a friend who has noticed signs of improvement.

If it's a new injury, you need to make sure your wraps are not overheating the area. You meet be above or below the injury, not over it directly.

My old boy has worn one for years. It's £30 he has it on all the time. I know mine helps my arthritis so why not ease his.

It's not a miracle but easies the pain.

I have used alongside veterinary treatment. It doesn't harm. Did it help, well my horse came sound, would she anyway, probably.

Interestingly my insurance covers me for alternative treatments, my vet doesn't believe in it though.

I have lent magnetic wraps to a friend who has noticed signs of improvement.

If it's a new injury, you need to make sure your wraps are not overheating the area. You meet be above or below the injury, not over it directly.

I have yet to see any improvements but as you have said when I do see improvements they would probably come through the cold hosing and ice clay anyway. I'm willing to try anything though at the moment so anything that potentially helps is a go ahead.

My old boy has worn one for years. It's £30 he has it on all the time. I know mine helps my arthritis so why not ease his.

It's not a miracle but easies the pain.

Thanks :) I'm glad it has helped your boy. Fingers crossed it helps my girl soon too.

I see an improvement when I use them on my horse (and also my previous horse), so for me I feel they work.

I use Premier Equine over reach boots & Equilibrium magnetic back pad, if it's any help!

My livery mate Suzi has just bought a magnetic rug in the sale. Her old retired-with-suspensory-damage cob Bella loved it. I hope to try it on Mattie but he will have to be stabled so I need to be there.

newrider.com