Magnetic boots

Ann Powell

Mar 1, 2006
I have a pair of magnetic boots for my horse. I bought them a few years ago and never got round to using them. She is very arthritic on the front legs and was wondering if anyone has experience with the boots, and how long can they be left on. I seem to remember reading that you had to work the time up from 1/2 hour to one hour ?

Thanks Ann

I have bioflow, don't recall any time limitations but then I've had them 3+years.
B wears them for turn out sometimes, can be 8 - 10 hours stretch. No problems or discomfort for her.

i've never heard having to work up the time they wear them. So long as you don't leave them on for more than 12 hours then it's fine! If he's been worked hard, my cob wears his magnetic tendon wraps overnight. And our laminitic used to wear her bioflow boots overnight with no ill effects :)

jr has some magnetic hoof boots. the pack advised buliding up from half an hour to a maximum of 72 hrs.

he usually wears them on his fronts, the idea being to imrpove hoof growth but i sometimes stick them on his backs when hes stiff. occasionally he really objects and fetches them off any way he can, so they must have some effect.

Thanks for your help, I am going to put them on in the stable at night to see if they help her. I noticed when she wears them even for 1 hour when I take them off the leave little impressions of the magnets ?

Thanks again Ann

newrider.com