Magnetic boots - any good?

flopsypop

Nov 20, 2007
Great Yarmouth
Questions in the title really. Do they really work? If so, has anyone got recommendations of different makes?

Just looking for anything that may help my girl who's not getting any younger and is a bit stiff sometimes after bring stabled overnight.

xxx

I use bioflow magntic booties - I like to think they work! People on my yard swear by them.
Also have a pair of aerborn magnetic wraps - they are lovely & cosy & i use them in winter to dry legs & to keep circulation up.

I have bioflow tendon wraps for my cob. He wears them overnight (as he's stabled) to ease any stiffness or inflamation as i've only a grass surface and worry about his ageing legs.

My pony used to wear the bioflow boots to aid her recovery from laminitis and associated problems. I believe they did help.

Remember not to leave them on for more than 12 hours though, and don't use them during exercise. If you've ever worn a magnetic wrap yourself (i have one for my ankle i sprained that won't heal) it starts to ache and throb after 12 hours on.

I use Bio flow magnetic therapy boots on my elderly mare all the time. She wears themm at night on her hind legs and she has normal stable wraps on her front legs to aid her circulation. I think there great and really aid her circulation and pain relief from artheritic joints. They are not cheap, however once you have purchased a pair they do last and and you can send them back to any Bio flow sales person and they will cheap the strength of the magnetics and replace them if needed and they will replace any straps they break. Definatly recommend them :D

I have the veredus magnetic stable boots and I think they great. Did wonders for my mare's legs when she was on box rest, stopped them swelling up and think they helped her stopping stiffening up.

newrider.com