Madam in action (i learned how to use youtube)

Mehitabel

Mar 27, 2001
london/dorset
rehorses.com
having been experimenting with the video option on my camera...

so here is me and the old bag yesterday lunchtime - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RHMcrZH32Q (the no stirrups isn't showing off, my new boot is still a bit tight with my heel down so every so often i had to take my stirrups away and let the feeling come back in my foot!) it's a bit grainy, which it wasn't on the camera, so i presume that's just youtube.

considering we've schooled a grand total of 5 times this year - twice bareback in march and then three times in the last month, i am quite pleased with her. she is losing balance and the outline round the corners and in the downwards transition - that was better when i had stirrups as my core isn't as strong as it should be so i could better help her.

we've got a county show next wednesday, hence the sudden schooling - we were going to put her in foal this year so i didn't bother preparing for riddens, and then her owner changed her mind, so it's been a bit of a panic! i think in a bigger ring with easier turns we won't disgrace ourselves. now i just have to keep wearing the boot and standing on the stairs with my heels down so i don't cut my circulation off in the ring!

I know what you mean about the boots, thought my new boots were supple enough so decided to wear them on a fun ride, had to keep taking my feet out of the stirrups, but after a while without my boots on when i got home suddenly found that I was getting pins and needles down my foot:eek:

You *sure* you've not been secretly schooling inbetween? :p That's a very nice video and she looks gorgeous :)
With you on the boots, I'm trying to wear-in new ones (my first proper long boots ever :D :D ) and oh my poor feet :rolleyes: Numb within a minute :(

She's looking really well, and going well considering what little schooling she's had this season. Thought i'd never say it, but can't wait to get in the menage and school now. :rolleyes:

Don't envy any of you with the boots, mine must be too big as they didn't need any breaking in :p

the first time i rode in them i had to keep unzipping them and letting the feeling come back, so we're progressing on that front! i wore them for an hour at 9am yesterday, and they were fine, but by 1 my legs must have swollen a bit in the heat - just enough to make the boot torturous!

can recommend leather stretcher sprayed inside them before you put them on - that combined with the heat of your legs will help them mould into shape.

DD - my right leg was always fine, but my left one is a shade fatter, so it's just stretching that one - the next wider fitting was too big. :rolleyes:

Looks great. Am envious of your ability to ride properly without stirrups. I bounce round like a bag of spuds :p

I bought some long boots for shows but having not worn them since about the age of 10 they feel really odd. I've spent 3 years wearing paddock boots and chaps. My lower leg slips against the saddle and i can't bend my leg properly. Felt a right plonker when i was practising my jumping in them.

newrider.com