Lymes First One Day Event & Piccies :-)

Karen/Folly

Apr 19, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Hi!

Thought you might like to see some jumping piccies?

showjumping - (there are three, you just click the right arrow)

http://www.theimagefile.com/?skin=3...21&ppwd=finn valley riding club 5th july 2009

xcountry - (there are three, you just click the right arrow)

http://www.theimagefile.com/?skin=3...50&ppwd=finn valley riding club 5th july 2009

He did me proud yesterday at Poplar :)

He did a lazy but kind of obedient dressage test, just was not really interested at all (& I couldnt take my flicky whip in), so that didnt really help me, I am thinking along the spurs line for future, but we can have some lessons with them & see how we get on....

anyway, the showjumping, suprising he suddenly perked up & was all lively & interested again! Warmed up beautifully & did a smashing clear round, jumping huge & a baby like, but I dont mind :) He tried hard & jumped clear, what more can you ask for!?

then the best bit, the xcountry, well again, he didnt really have a clue what was going on, bit sticky over the first few fences, then got into his stride & was flying :) he was really enjoying it! then we got to the water (which he is always wary about), and took a few minutes of convincing him to get his feet wet, then off we went out down the long gallopy bit, then heading home, happier to go through the second splash through water, back to home!

Was chuffed to bits, he was eliminated at the first water, but he went through it, jumped all the jumps first time, flew up the steps & over the pallisade/ditch combo! Will just need to gain his confidence with the water!

I think a very good first attempt for a 4 yr olds first one day event?

xxx

He is very pretty. I LOVE bays tho.
Looks like he did you very pround esp seen as hes only 4!! my 12 yr old couldnt behave that well tbh :eek:

Ah, thanks :)

I was so pleased with him - his behaviour throughout the whole day - arrived at noon & left poplar at 7pm, was perfect. He was a real pleasure to be around & deal with & made me feel very proud :D

go on, David, give me a bit of helpful critiscm on my piccies....???? ;)

Bedfordshire would take approx 2 hours max in horsebox from where you're based. M6 then A14 with just a bit of minor roads at the end. Their perm stables are cheap to if any left (£30) for the duration of show. temp stables are more expensive.
Comming to join us? :D

I want to buy im not registered bsja and i dont know what classes i would do. boo hoo hoo

I want to buy im not registered bsja and i dont know what classes i would do. boo hoo hoo
You could jump on a ticket or still plenty of time to register (only takes a day or two).
With classes from 70cm to 1.20cm there is something for all. I'm using it as a stepping stone for Juno. We will jump the 90 and 1.00mtr first 2 days then go for the 1.10mtr on the last day. The areana is huge with a superb surface, great food (with licence) and there is an xc course to play on if you get bored!

Hill House took us 2 1/2 hrs.... is it close to there?

I think I went to groom at Keysoe for a friend at BE event..... am very tempted..... :D

think he could pop round the 70 & 80 cm classes on the fri & sun? with a days rest on the sat (being a baby!)

not sure if I can afford it, am off to count my pennies :eek:

Photo's are great and sounds like a great first ODE, and fabulous behaviour from a baby!!

Go for Keysoe...you know you want to...:p

newrider.com