lovely valentines weekend

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
I am eternally single and usually try to ignore valentines but this year my sister (who is also single) and I decided to be each others valentines!

We went out on Sat night to Nando's for tea and then went to see spotlight (excellent film, I highly recommend it!) Then met my mum and dad in our local for a drink on the way home (they had been at a play)

Then today I caught up with a friend in this lovely little bakery called cuckoo bakery. I had a delicious cheese and herb scone. I'm a huge cheese scone fan and this one was superb!!

Looking forward to an evening watching Netflix!!

How has everyone else's valentines been??

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Sounds like a really nice way to spend it!

Yesterday I did alot of cycling, alot of walking ale who is in due to mud fever and watched a bit of tv.

Today I started my new Sunday job working at a yard, it was fantastic :D big pizza for dinner as I was very hungry after caring for ale, work and cycling! And now to spend time with my animals and get an early night :)

I don't actually consider Valentine's Day to be a "thing" so for me it's just been a normal weekend! In fact, my last weekend of work before I go to New Zealand :cool: Today turned out to be a busy one for me, worked solidly from 7.30am to 5.30pm with a 15-minute sit-down for lunch. Got another eventing contact in NZ though!

Just another day for me, did the horses, went grocery shopping, cleaning up my house, all that fun stuff, didn't see anyone I knew apart from my neighbour for 5 mins to say hi.

We don't really 'do' valentines day as a couple, but I like to buy my boys (aged 5 and 9) cards and chocolates and they gave me some stuff they made at school. My husband gave me some perfume I told him to buy as it was half price in boots!

I went to ride first thing and then we spent a family day at the zoo eating a picnic which we then finished at dinner time. We then made donuts with our little donut maker and stuffed our faces watching TV with a glass of red wine. I cannot think why I am not losing weight!

What a lovely idea being your sisters valentine :) Sounds like you had a great evening!

We do make a big deal of valentines day. It's our first as a married couple. We had a lie in, exchanged gifts then hubby made pancakes for breakfast. We did some bits and bobs around the house then watched the rugby. I was treated to tea out at cafe andaluz which was yummy. I don't really care if people think it's a commercial nonsense. I love making an even bigger fuss of my hubby :p

I was supposed to go on a first date on Sunday, but we then realised it was Valentine's Day so propmtly re-arranged for the Friday night instead - too much pressure for first drinks!

Although, I did get a Happy Valentines Day text off him. Actually, among others I also got a very drunk message the early hours of Sunday morning telling me he'd been in a lake naked with one of his best friend, but not to worry as my boobs looked better than his ... who said romance was dead?!:p

I went out with my sister Saturday night for drinks as her loser (now ex) boyfriend dumped her on Thursday.

Spent the rest of the weekend with Pete, who I think has a bit of a virus :(

Mr C was away at another motorcycle rally (camping - nutters!!) oso me and the girls spent Saturday with a Chinese and wine. And lots of laughs :D. They came back Sunday lunch time so time for a shower and a change of clothes and then we all went round to one of the girl's for a mega Sunday roast (ten of us!). We don't normally do St Valentines but I think he must have been feeling guilty because I got a rose before they all left to go on the rally! No need to worry - no way would I spend the night in a tent in those temperatures....

That made me laugh Chev! I never got any valentines as a girl either. Sent plenty tho! Lol!

I remember my first valentine with a bf. I got him a card and a naff wee teddy. Thinking "People just give tokens o valentines don't they?" He gave me a pair of trainers, a bag, a bracket, chocs and a card!!! Really I'd have been happy with a bunch of flowers. I've still never been given flowers by a man, at any time of year. Do they think it's clichéd?

newrider.com