Lovely ride this morning...

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
I am trying to make the most of the lighter mornings still and ride as many mornings as I can, we only have a few more weeks that it will be possible for me ride and still get ready for work in time...

I rode Sat, Sun, Monday off and back on it again today and Sam was a little frisky for the first 10 mins, but soon settled into some lovely moves....

It was still and a little damp and a chill but was such a nice morning, anyone else ridden already today?

Reactions: em_123 and Trewsers
I'm about to finish my coffee then hop on. Its a beautiful morning here but I had a few things to attend to first before I could get tacked up, namely, sorting the washing / checking the building work etc, boring stuff, how dare it impede my riding?!:p

I too had a lovely horsey morning....

I taught my sharer on my sisters cob in the school for half hour, the difference over the last week is just great! Major is an amazing horse, you just need to know what buttons to press!

Then me and Moet went out for a lovely solo hack over the fields opposite the yard, just a quick one as needed to get back for work, but gone are the days i would have nerves about going solo! She was a total gem :)

Reactions: Trewsers
:DHad a lovely if lazy ride. Madam could not be cajoled into going very fast as its so warm here. The temptation to join her for a nap in the sun here is over whelming. I feel very content and sleepy now!

I am so jealous, would love to be able to ride in the mornings. That is the definite downside of our yard - doesn't open until 7 am and I have to leave for work then. Don't blame you for making the most of what's left of the summer. I had to tilt my car mirrors this morning because the sun was so low it was shining in them and dazzling me. This will be the last week I can ride after work too - going on holiday for a fortnight at the weekend and I'm sure it will be too dark by the time I get back :(

Why is summer so short??

Reactions: Flipo's Mum
No - because Tobes has injured his tendon - grr!!!

But we have had some fab rides this summer and done lots of stuff we haven't done before, but am well jell about your early morning ride!!

Hows Dolly getting on?

I saw Dolly last week in her new home, she is happy and settled... didnt even come see me at first... her new home is lovely and she has a lovely new boyfriend Appy

Really well actually, now I have sorted the mounting issue the riding is not so stressful, also the course I just did at the horseback combat course has really left me feeling uber confident... overnight... almost anyway, I am the most confident I have been in a long time

Awh that's fab news!! I'm a bit out of touch these days - trying to limit my internet time and study instead, how did you sort the mounting in the end? It's a subject close to my heart as you know!

I used clicker training, with expert timing, and grew a pair.... now I just hop on, he stands nicely, if I mess about, so does he... I did tend to have a helper as well just to give the treat when I click, we are now doing it without them so its much easier

Reactions: Trewsers
Another ride this morning that was just lovely, other than the fact it was clear to see the darker mornings are coming... I must make the most of them as I think 2 more weeks and that will be that!

Another ride this morning that was just lovely, other than the fact it was clear to see the darker mornings are coming... I must make the most of them as I think 2 more weeks and that will be that!

I know, the nights are drawing in too. Won't be long before I'm turning the girls back out for the night in the dark! I'm making the most of it atm too.

I thought of you this morning at about 7 'ish and could no more muster up the mojo to ride than fly to the moon. I just declared you must be mad and went and had another coffee!:p

lol, I am mad, I still got up this morning at 6.30 and rode...:p

I woke up at 6.30 - considered getting up then thought better of it and curled up again until 7.30 heheheeeeee having the girls living out means I have guilt free lie ins until 8am if need be!!!

If I am riding i also get up at 5.30 but if not then 6.30, but I keep my horses at home so it makes it easier.

I hacked out instead of schooling this morning, Sam was bright and frisky but safe... was home for 7.45 for dog walking and breakfast then the grand prix...

I think the hunt are here cubbing in the morning so no riding for me..

newrider.com