Lovely funride today

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
I have had a lovely funride today. Was a bit heavy going with all the rain we had yesterday. Thought they might even cancel it. We came back plastered in mud. 25 litres of water didn't get him clean. I had to wash him again when I got him home. Got there early so it wasn't too churned up. Bet it was by the time a few hundred had been round.

Was a bit of a nutter whilst tacking up. Think he knew what was coming and just couldn't wait to get going. I let him go down the first 800 metres at the start. Kind of thought attempt jumps with pulling horse or let him race it out. Managed 4 jumps of about 10 in the first stretch. The rest I just let him gallop. After that the last 9 miles was lovely. He was such a good boy. Cant wait to see the photographer jumps when they post them up. Sadly I didn't get someone to take any pics of me before the start. I took some of him after the ride but I haven't worked out how to upload off the sd card on the phone at the moment. When I have some time I'll have a play. Hopefully will get some next weekend.

He did get tired towards the end, but I didn't need to worry about the energy levels. He was it better shape than I thought. I just think his hacking has been so boring that he has got lazy. He needed some other company to bring him to life.

Bring on next weekend, and the weekend after that.

Figured out how to post pics. (I hope!) His ears were still up taking it all in.

IMG_20140525_122641.jpg IMG_20140525_124153.jpg IMG_20140525_122803.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Trewsers
I can't get the quote to work but what nat17 says, you really should show us more of him he's gorgeous.
Glad you had a fun day :D

Very jealous - have been stuck at home because my box is having its brakes done. Sounds like great fun and what a handsome boy. Looking forward to the pro pics.

My kind of horse. Lovely photos, now we know how we may see more photos of each other's.

newrider.com