love at first sight!

Ace87

Quitus & Strike
Aug 8, 2007
Bedfordshire
I have *fingers crossed* found the horse of my dreams!

Today I went to see him, Quitus de Caro, one of the equines ection rescued french trotters! He is 4 years old and a big gangly boy of about 16.2hh and my god he melts your heart.

He is soppy and licky and affectionate and an absolute darling. Unflappable, calm and soft. Truly a temperament to die for.

His owner is a VERY experienced horsewoman who owns the UK's reserve champion ridden stallion - a STUNNING andalusian who blew my mind lol! She rescued him from the meat market in July. Article here:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/Whittlesey-woman39s-quest-to-rescue.3079027.jp

We saw him free rein and he moves with amazing elegance with a natural piaf and fabulous self carriage for a 4 year old. He is going to be an amazing horse.

The silly bugger caught sight of himself in the mirror whilst free reining and kicked a stone up which caught his coronet band and now he's got a cut so I didn't ride and we cleaned him up - very superficial skin graze - and I am going to have him vetted and ridden on Thursday when I will secure him :)

He's not being shown to anyone else, all interest is being turned away and I haven't been this excited since the day I picked up Ace. I honestly think he is going to be 'the one'.

Gratuitous pics of the handsome lad after rehabilitation and being free reined!

tocsendmarch4.jpg

tocsendmarch1.jpg

P1010430.jpg

6.jpg

Good luck and hope it all goes well, he is stunning:D - and you're giving a rescue a good home - thats about as good as it gets:)

I think it was Shandy84 who pointed me in his direction :D Must thank her!! Everything crossed though to be honest I'd probably buy him anyway, I've fallen for the big lump!

newrider.com