Lost my true best friend in this world

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
We sadly suddenly lost our beautiful baby girl on the 23rd May

I've owned Ellie since she was 7 weeks old -originally choose her at 2 weeks old. She was my first ever dog and my only true friend. I couldn't have asked for a better friend, dog, family member. She was everything I could have ever wanted and more.

On the 23rd she sadly became extremely ill at the horse yard in the evening, when rushed to the vets she was found to have internal bleeding from a ruptured spleen due to a tumor. The operation went well but her recovery was extremely critical as she had lost half her weight in blood. Sadly she was unable to fight through and we lost her in the late hours on the 23rd.

Life will not be the same without her, she has been my rock through so many different life experiences we shared, she holds so many special memories, so many happy times. Ellie was my shadow and I was hers.

So many tears have been shed, so many painful tears of loss, but even if she was taken early from us i can not fault the life she has lived with us and the many many happy times we have had, so many beautiful walks, playful times, car journeys, holidays, hacks and so many more wonderful times.

I owe you the world Ellie and look forward to the time we can be reunited again. Miss you and love with all my heart but treasure every single second we were allowed to have together. I know you are still always by my side exactly how you were before you sadly had to leave us.

RIP Ellie 17/12/2002 -25/05/2012

224660_5413747654_353_n.jpg

46509_424236642654_6436878_n.jpg

218073_5152822654_5868_n.jpg

46521_424466867654_7601807_n.jpg

73625_444783102654_6806189_n.jpg

71943_444784317654_5838169_n.jpg

221855_10150156355942655_3087766_n.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss Nookster.
Ellie looks like a wonderful dog and that you and her have shared plenty of special times together. You have some beautiful photos to remember her by

What a cracking looking lab. So happy too. Hope you can find some strength from your many happy memories of her.

This poem has had a special place in my heart for many years and I have sent it to many friends and relatives who have had a bereavement.

All Is Well
Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It it the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.
Henry Scott Holland
1847-1918

I had my best friend put to sleep earlier this year :cry: So I know how you feel.

She had a wonderful life with you I'm sure xx

I remember when my Grandad's dog passed on suddenly and unexpected.. I was so upset, and missed him.. On a trip home from school one day,a couple of days after his passing, I saw an identically coloured Border Collie sat outside a shop.
It was like staring at his double, and I couldn't help think the old guy had come back to say he was ok, and was saying goodbye..
I found that comforting, and not a day goes by, especially at the moment, as my Grandad isn't that good at the moment, where I don't think of those lovely walks we all used to go on as kids.
It doesn't matter how many pets share your life, there will always be one who is closest to your heart, and creates the most pain when they cross the bridge.
There, you have tears rolling down my cheeks, as now i'm thinking of him again, but also because of your loss, and seeing the happiness and full of life look in your dogs eyes, in those photo's..
She'll always be with you, not in life but in spirit.. keep hold of your memories of her in good health, RIP Ellie XX

I lost my Alfie in similar circumstances in March, it hurts so muych to lose such a huge part of your life.

I am so sorry for your loss, she was a lovely girl and obviously had a great life with you, be kind to yourself. She will always be with you. xxx

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a beloved pet is difficult enough when you know it's coming, but even more agonising when it's out of the blue.

Ellie looked such a lovely dog, and you obviously had a very special bond with her. I can really relate to your pain because a very similar thing happened to me in April, when I found our 6 year old dog dead, and he had been fine hours earlier. It's something you never think will happen to you, and like you, Archie and I shared a very close bond; he was a gorgeous dog, my doggy soulmate. One thing that helped me a little was a comment from a Blue Cross Pet bereavement counsellor, which was that the time we shared was short (3 years), but the quality of that time was as good as it gets, and I find some comfort in that. I was blessed to have shared the wonderful time that Archie and I had together.

I am sure Ellie is around you, and that one day you will be reunited. Nothing can break the bond of love between you. I hope your grief lessens a bit soon, and that in time you can smile when you remember the wonderful memories you have of Ellie. She was a very lucky dog to have had such a lovely life with you.

xx

I understand, I know so well what you are going through, there are no words...what a wonderful dog and a lucky one to have had such a loving owner and nice life xx

What a cracking looking lab. So happy too. Hope you can find some strength from your many happy memories of her.

This poem has had a special place in my heart for many years and I have sent it to many friends and relatives who have had a bereavement.

All Is Well
Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It it the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.
Henry Scott Holland
1847-1918

I could not read this through my tears, Tanis has been gone for just over a year and the empty place has never been filled, Arya although wonderful was not Tanis.

Nothing anyone can say will take away the emptiness and pain but remember her for what she was and still is just as she will remember you.

If only sending hugs and vibes helped I would send them by the truck load.

We are all here for you and many of us feel that grief like it was our own again. Love to you.

newrider.com