Losing your voice

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Today's session could actually be fun.
I have lost my voice and she responds to that on the lunge. She probably is watching my body as well, but one of my aids isn't working so this will be interesting to see how much she listens to what I say/ can adapt if I suddenly don't.

I can't call her in either! So I will have to get her attention. As I said it's going to be fun as she will know the human is compromised before we even start!

Yes it could get interesting couldn't it?!!!! I can't remember trying to work Storm when I've had a sore throat / weak voice - not sure how it would have panned out! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

When we did the new year's day parade hank not being able to hear me was a huge hindrance, as I'd mostly worked him off my voice. Hopefully she doesn't take the p at your disability ;)

When we did the new year's day parade hank not being able to hear me was a huge hindrance, as I'd mostly worked him off my voice. Hopefully she doesn't take the p at your disability ;)
She's an opportunist isn't she. It could go either way.

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey
Good luck, and sorry about your voice ... hope you find it soon.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes with Tilley, we know horses are really good at picking up on body language but is that the same as actual commands? Mmmm, what will Tilley decide to do? Maybe she'll be really sympathetic to your plight and do her best to co-operate? :cool:

Sorry you’ve lost your voice and hope you’re on the mend soon.
Yes please let us know how it goes, is she going to be sympathetic or is the little devil going to come out to play.....guess it depends what mood she’s in.

I realised I could make other noises besides talking. I don't know if that's because my voice had come back slightly or you just can. Any biology peeps on that knows that?

I could do the ttshk sound when she went to nip my bum for example!!!
I could do the kiss sound that actually does mean go forwards a bit more. And the whistle as that's your lip position.
I still tried to use my voice and my throat hurts where it didn't before!

The entertainment value.
No issues with going forwards, she knows what we are doing for the most part. She likes the routine and knows when we've finished.
However I couldn't get walk to change the rein. I did a bit of passing the rein behind my back so I wasnt looking, nope still trotting. I wondered if I should have brought a stool to sit on and wait. :) she's waiting for the whistle, I'm waiting for walk first.
She seemed very pleased with herself, you know that we'll you usually want me going forwards-tada now try and stop it!
So I ended up shortening the line and slowly walking towards her and she dropped back to walk and I changed the rein and she was off again.

I had a play with a corner as my friend was schooling at the weekend over something huge. So I thought yeah I can make something cute cob size.
She's actually very good at this now. And I don't need to speak as she can jump it from whatever pace she wants to.

However I couldn't get walk to change the rein. I did a bit of passing the rein behind my back so I wasnt looking, nope still trotting. I wondered if I should have brought a stool to sit on and wait. :) she's waiting for the whistle, I'm waiting for walk first.
She seemed very pleased with herself, you know that we'll you usually want me going forwards-tada now try and stop it!

Haha, good old Tilley, she sure is a character ;):D

Gotta love Tilly!

I hope your voice is back soon but interesting on the making sounds abit. Some thing I've never thought about, hooefully someone will know.

I use the kiss noise and I've being trying to tune me whoooooo down to a low hum, similar sound. Comet is getting it slowly!

Gotta love Tilly!

I hope your voice is back soon but interesting on the making sounds abit. Some thing I've never thought about, hooefully someone will know.

I use the kiss noise and I've being trying to tune me whoooooo down to a low hum, similar sound. Comet is getting it slowly!
I think we were making people laugh as I ended up trying to say wwwaaallllkkkk.
Anytime today is fine.
When your ready.
No rush.
Wwwwwaaaalllkk.

newrider.com