Loose screw!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
When Gracie came back from schooling 12 days ago I thoroughly cleaned her tack. Sometime between then and now, the screw holding the right panel of her saddle to the point of the tree had worked loose and detached the panel! I feel awful because she's been ridden 3 or 4 times since then! I hope this is a contributory factor in her recent behaviour.

Also, had the super duper physio out this morning and whilst G is still lovely and bendyflexy in her neck and shoulders- and tracking up better now than she did in May, her back is now sore under saddle as well as behind it. I suspected this would be the case though because of her reschooling. Now that she is working through and rounded a lot more, I fully expected her tight, hollowed back muscles would be twingey from the change in her movement. Physio feels that it is all muscular and gave her a lovely treatment by hand followed by deep laser therapy. I have a light work plan for her whilst I'm waiting for Normy to come and check her saddle in the next couple of weeks and then she wants to come back in 6-8 weeks to reassess.

Reactions: GaryB
newrider.com