Looking to see if anyone else has a Suffolk x Cob

Sharron75

Oct 12, 2019
Interested to see who else has a Suffolk x Cob. Have a 5yr old gelding and interested to see how others have progressed with their education

I don't I'm afraid - Irish cob :) but would be nice to see some pics of yours? And welcome!

Thank you
I don’t think they are a very common cross breed so will be interesting to hear if many people have! My little boy.......

Attachments

• 93BB9F39-E893-4E16-A3D0-7334CFCB7ABD.jpeg
    93BB9F39-E893-4E16-A3D0-7334CFCB7ABD.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 4E1E5A75-12A8-4601-9498-00E79471F2D7.jpeg
    4E1E5A75-12A8-4601-9498-00E79471F2D7.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 15
Oh lovely! Mine has the mane and feathers too - must say I do love them.

Sadly long gone now but some forum members will remember him - Solly one of the best horses I was ever lucky enough to own - 16.2 and built like a tank lol! - sire full Suffolk Punch - mother unknown breeding cob type. Could turn his hairy hoof to almost anything - many happy memories of lots of adventures on him :)

Yes it was Huggy broke my heart and still don't think I am quite over it 8 years later! - he was 20 but not that old in the grand scheme of things but unfortunately he had to be retired early at 14, sadly suffering the long term effects of ignorant owners (before me!) breaking and working a big jointed horse far too young, he was ridden and driven as a 2 year old - he came to me at 4 and remained sound and active for 10 years and then became my handsome pasture bunny! :D

I used to ride a Suffolk punch x Shire when I was about 12, he was actually a driving horse which is a good job really because there was no way I could get my little legs round him, they used to virtually stick out sideways, he was a wonderful boy, Hippo was his name.

Reactions: Huggy
I used to ride a Suffolk punch x Shire when I was about 12, he was actually a driving horse which is a good job really because there was no way I could get my little legs round him, they used to virtually stick out sideways, he was a wonderful boy, Hippo was his name.
Love that - Hippo! :p

thank you I might have to put him out for loan or LWVTB which is killing me as I love him so much but I broke my back in April and think I need some time off and it’s not fair in him being only 5, he needs to continue with his education as he is doing so well!

Oh no! Oh poor you! I'm so sorry, that's so hard. I hope you manage to keep him somehow.

Yes it was Huggy broke my heart and still don't think I am quite over it 8 years later! - he was 20 but not that old in the grand scheme of things but unfortunately he had to be retired early at 14, sadly suffering the long term effects of ignorant owners (before me!) breaking and working a big jointed horse far too young, he was ridden and driven as a 2 year old - he came to me at 4 and remained sound and active for 10 years and then became my handsome pasture bunny! :D

that is such a shame, my older girl is18 and had to be retired around 2.5 years for the same reason, really bad tendon injury and ringbone but as long as she is sound and
Oh no! Oh poor you! I'm so sorry, that's so hard. I hope you manage to keep him somehow.
me too but I think for him he is best getting someone who can work with him. It’s so hard having an accident which is going to restrict me for a while

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
that is a very painful experience. But you are right. It is best we surrender them to someone who we know are more capable than us. I know the feeling very well.

newrider.com