Looking for a riding buddy!!

TWH Addict

Old but frisky!
Aug 15, 2004
Scotland
www.bridestonewalkers.co.uk
Hi, anyone out there around the Aberdeenshire area who rides any of the gaited breeds? Im finding it a bit hard on hacks with my friends as my TWH is kinda a lot faster even in her slow walk and Im spending most of my time stopping and waiting for people to catch up.

She does hack out alone fine, but I do like company.. Shes good with other horses, not at all spooky.

Shame you're not over on this side of the pond, we've got little but gaited horses and over a thousand acres to ride on. Maybe you'd like to swim over sometime? :D Are TWH's very popular over there? :)

Hi Katie

Nope,, shes the first.. We're hoping to introduce the breed to the UK. They are so wonderful, gentle, easily trained and a pleasure to ride. No offence to other members but ill never ride a trotting horse again! just my preference. :D

That'd be awesome to start them over there, I know what you mean, that trotting stuff's for the birds! :D

eye candy

Cajun's Twilight Sunset, Spotted Saddle Horse (basically a walkin' horse with spots

Apache (photo by horsepix) Painter's Apache Chief, TWHBEA, a dream to ride too! :D

Originally posted by TWH Addict
Hi Katie

Nope,, shes the first.. We're hoping to introduce the breed to the UK. They are so wonderful, gentle, easily trained and a pleasure to ride. No offence to other members but ill never ride a trotting horse again! just my preference. :D

Oh wish you had brought themover before I had bought Rhi. Unfortunately now she is hard to let go.

Katie I rather like Candy

Thanks Katie & Miriam..

yup i love my TWH. as im an er "older" rider with back problems shes has been the answer to my prayers,.. I can ride all day if I want!! and of course she doesnt mind at all :)

By the way Katie.. your horses are just gorgeous.. Apache is my fav... Just as a matter of interest has Eye Candy got as good a gait as Apache?

Hehe, eye candy is just what I titled the link, his name is really Sonny! :D Sonny's problem is that he's got a few anatomical problems, namely one front leg slightly longer than the other, so he short strides in back. So yes, I would say that Apache's gait really is better, not much of a head shake, but then we've been racking him for 2 years so I really can't blame him! :) Sadly, they aren't my horses, they belong to the barn that I work for. (Read, I practically live there) :D

Originally posted by Katie_85
Hehe, eye candy is just what I titled the link, his name is really Sonny! :D Sonny's problem is that he's got a few anatomical problems, namely one front leg slightly longer than the other, so he short strides in back. So yes, I would say that Apache's gait really is better, not much of a head shake, but then we've been racking him for 2 years so I really can't blame him! :) Sadly, they aren't my horses, they belong to the barn that I work for. (Read, I practically live there) :D

Ha Ha Katie that was good. Have I met Sonny cause if I have do appologise to him for me.

Barn Katie is where you eat, sleep and drink ;) OH and get phone calls from England sometimes :eek:

Miriam: Yup, you've met Sonny, he's the stooooopid stud who's always charging the stall door and screaming at mares. Or geldings. Or other studs. Still not sure if he really can't tell the difference or really doesn't care! :D

Thought I had met him. See how I still like him :D I was looking at the photo thinking I had seen one like him before but it still did not register :eek: I want to bring him home he is such a stunner. Rhi can have his babies anytime ;) Can you ship him over here please

Maybe like Rhi he does not care :eek:

just a thought, aren't there any Icelandics around there ? They may be small but they can shift ! Or you could hook up with local western folk who could jog to your fast walk ? (And I KNOW there are western folk in Aberdeen area)

MiRi - I commute in to Edinburgh but live (and ride :)) in Perthshire.

So I do turn up at things like Equine Fair and so on.

MiRi - the Equine Fair is on at Ingliston the last weekend in October. I can't remember what the entry price is but there are loads of stalls and demos etc

Have a lookhere if you want to know more.

We normally go along with a list of things we need to get - you get to compare prices etc across stalls and that normally makes the entry price worthwhile, without taking the demos into account - well thats what we tell ourselves anyway ! ;)

newrider.com