Looking for a new supplement.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Wondering if anyone can advise.

Currently use equimins advance complete powder.

For completely retired field ornament. Used to have rubbish feet which is why I started using this. Feet are now great, looking to swap to something a little cheaper, if feet get rubbish again I'll swap back.

He's on restricted grazing year-round and arthritic

Have you looked into Hackup?
They are really good and make bespoke mixes if you contact them and fill in their online questionnaire. I've got one for Zi from them. They are lovely and helpful too.

Reactions: MrA
They are very environmentally friendly too and where possible offer you a pail instead of plastic and you buy refills. I like their system. :)

Equimins Advance Complete is one of the cheaper, high specification supplements.

You could look at EA 365 supplements or a lower specification Equimins supplement.

I use Thunderbrooks Daily Esssntials but don't think it would be any cheaper (and only use that as P won't eat Equimjns Advanced Complete).

It might be worth looking into testing your hay to see where the defences are and just feed the straight vitsmins/mins where they are lacking. That might work out cheaper?

Reactions: MrA and carthorse
Why not see if you can feed a lower dose of it? That may be better than changing to a product that isn't as good.

I found Progressive Earths Pro Balance + very economical and it was the best of many I tried for Jess’ feet. I’ve put them all on a spillers balancer now as find it much easier as it’s pelleted and available locally, but if I notice her feet go downhill I’ll switch them all to the Pro B+ without hesitation.

newrider.com