Look what he jumped!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Well, following your advice, I set up a little course for my jump-shy pony. Two coloured poles, then a little tiny rustic cross pole.

We were working at liberty with the clicker. I got him following well, then walked him over the first pole - he ran (walked) out at the second pole - I just got him back on track, over the second pole, and then I said "Jump Ziggy," and walked around the block while he skipped over the little rustic jump!

We did it again and I was really chuffed with how he went - ears forward, focused on the jump, and a neat little skip. So I put up the jump to a horizontal pole, the first time we have ever tried it.

Look how scary:

Anyway, round we went again and I walked briskly over the coloureds with him then said "Jump Ziggy,' and he took two trot paces and popped it perfectly.

TWICE!

Of course on the showjumping yard he was probably jumping 3ft, but this is a long long way to come for a pony who only last winter would bolt from a coloured pole.

:inlove: brave little Ziggy Stardust :inlove:

Awww, go Ziggy!!!

Sounds like he's made a remarkable recovery from all his trials over these last few months, he's a tough little cookie!

Brilliant - well done both of you :dance:

I'll be your photgrapher next time if you like... and that means I get to learn from your greater knowledge and experiences :smoke:

Brilliant - well done both of you :dance:

I'll be your photgrapher next time if you like... and that means I get to learn from your greater knowledge and experiences :smoke:

I will take you up on that if ever I get a day to call my own to do horsey things! Thanks Gill x

newrider.com