Longreining fun with Appley

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
Appley is stil not quite rideable again yet (following a back/pelvis injury) so we've been doing some longreining to improve balance etc.

can't believe how much she's grown!!

JulialongreiningAppleyJune20127.jpg

giving it the 'Appleytude' ...

All i asked for was a circle near the school's exit!

nooooh!

JulialongreiningAppleyJune20129.jpg

NONONO!!!!! (can you tell she's 5 now? if she was human she'd be moodily kicking cans around!) can't make me!!

JulialongreiningAppleyJune201210.jpg

fact is that ... well ... I can - you're only 12-odd hands and I am more persistent that you are so NER!

JulialongreiningAppleyJune20126.jpg

(excuse the attire - it's a bumbag and a too long t-shirt!)

JulialongreiningAppleyJune201214.jpg

and ... !! the most amazing .... I didn't know Exmoors were meant to do that!!! maybe she's welsh after all!!

Meet Appley 'rubberleg' Dapply!!!

JulialongreiningAppleyJune201215.jpg

Julia
x

Awww bless her! Love the Kevin moment :D She's definitely filled out since I last saw her :)

She is such a lush little pony, i love her! :inlove:

Its good to see her back to work after her pelvis problem, bet you cant wait to get riding again :biggrin:

nice pony, and also nice bit of longreining there ! its nice to see it done without lines being trailed all over the floor and the pony nicely collected

Um.

If they have Kevin moments at 5, what have i had up until 4 then! You mean it comes back even more. :balanced:

It is interesting how other people longrein, i don't put my rein through the rings on the roller, i find it stops us from turning. I know everyone else does though.

Last edited:
Nf it is easiest to long rein with lines through side rings (which I guess is equivalent to you not using rings) as the lines guide the body more - this is how I long line pig (without rings reins are too high as he is short). Correct way for driving is through top rings.

And piggywig has suddenly hit horrendous Kevin's... He is eight :eek: though I've always said he is slow to develop - but I wish the tantrums would go away!!!!! Planting to and from field is our fave thing grr!!

Nf it is easiest to long rein with lines through side rings (which I guess is equivalent to you not using rings)

Trust me to be odd, never have used with or side reins. I know people wonder how i can without but it is a case of holding your own hands. With it through i feel stiff and it encourages me to have hands down.

I wonder if i have had my pre Kevins?

Haha. See for us, because piggy is much smaller the reins would be way too high (and as a result he turns under them and I lose all steering but with madam as she is at right height I don't use the rings :)

@ newforest - the 'kevins' aren't completely new (she's always been quite good at tantrums!), but she's definitely a lot stronger and determined with them these days! i don't really 'need' the side reins (they're mostly slack, anyway), to be honest :)

and thanks everyone for the lovely comments :D

Oooh proper ponytude!! :yellowcarded:

I love Appley Dappley, she's the type of pony I'd love to have a sit on if I didnt think I'd squash her :wink:

She's going so nicely NP

NP I'd feel a bit squashy though :giggle:

I did have a sit on Dannii's June recently who is about 11.3hh/12hh I think, a welsh sec a and felt like I would squish her although June don't care an actually briefly thought about squishing me!! :redcarded:

NP I'd feel a bit squashy though :giggle:

I did have a sit on Dannii's June recently who is about 11.3hh/12hh I think, a welsh sec a and felt like I would squish her although June don't care an actually briefly thought about squishing me!! :redcarded:

June doesnt appreciate being vaulted on as we both found out :giggle: ! You didnt squish june who is 11.3 with her platforms on! My 10 and a half stone friend rides her regulary with no problems and she has just started jumping her over dinky jumps - and june is still pulling her arms out!!

Hehehe it was very funny!!

"I'll just jump on then shall I?"
June attempts to jump on me
"....I guess that's a no then!!" :giggle: :redface:

June is a strong little beasty.
These little ponies definitely have ponytude in abundance

haha my friend has been schooling her over the pst few weeks, you will have to come round for round 2 now shes slightly more co operative!!

And to see pez as well!

newrider.com