Long & Very Over Due Update...Pics & Vids as always!

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
Well its been a while, havent been on here much lately tbh :redface: Life has been a bit hetic the past few months so i havent had chance to come on here and keep you all updated. Sorrrry :angel:

Not sure where to start, this might be a long one so bear with me :giggle: there will be pics so it will be worth it teehee!

So ill start with Finnley....

We have been out and about a fair amount in our lorry which i am really enjoying. I wish i'd done it sooner tbf its a great luxery to have. Although saying that i have been pushing us both too far since buying it. I did my usual 'Vicki' thing and decided i must 'make the most' of it incase it gets taken away from me (Insecure much :unsure:) so i ignored OH's advice to take things s-l-o-w-l-y i just made sure we went out in it every weekend. I think this got a bit to much for me & Finn. My Anxiety problems spiralled out of control and i just felt so low & pressured. Finn was getting so used to me getting on and then having a good old razz around jumps or fun rides that all his schooling went out the window which has made me loose some confidance in myself & him.

I ended up having to go to the doctors after having my anxiety got really bad, starting to have panic attacks etc the final straw was having a melt down at work and been taken to the docs by my OH's dad (we work together) she prescirbed me some tablets to help and ordered me to rest for a while. So i did nothing for 3 days and realised i had just been pushing myself way way way to far, doing things that i wasnt quite ready to do. 2 Weeks on and i do feel better, i know my mistakes and i AM going to just chill and take things slow in all ascpects of my life now. I dont think the tablets are helping at all though so i think im going to stop those, ive had constant upset stomach with them the past 2 weeks and havent been able to eat properly so am loosing weight rapidly. My size 6 jeans are no hanging off my hips which are pretuding out in a disgusting way.
Anyway thats enough doom & gloomy stuff i will get on with some of the lovely things ive done recently....

Not sure if all of you have seen this vid so i'll show it again....

We went to a SJ training evening in Derbyshire, that was great although falling off wasnt hehe... Knocked my confidance slightly but not too badly...

http://youtu.be/HVCNWROSu30

I didnt chuck my mom off....honest...
Finninlorry.jpg

Next Jumping outing was a SJ evening comp which was a total disaster. It knocked my confidance and put me off going to any comps again tbh. It was named Mini/Diddy Showjumping, first class was 45cm so i though great that will be a nice little hieght to go round. Got there, warmed up feeling calm & confidant although warm up annoyed me because all the people on there 16h hunter types kept cantering into us. Then it was my turn, got into the ring and saw the hieght of the jumps! I was like WHAT!? they were a full up 2'6-'2'9 at least. I pretty much gave in even before we started to be honest, i just did not want to even try. We managed to do the first jump with 2 refusals and then another refusal at the second so was eliminated. I think one person managed to do a complete clear round, lots of young girls came off and ended up in tears they were just way to high! Then my friend wanted to do the very last class so we had to wait for 3hr 45mins (It was so dis organised it was untrue!) the class was supposed to be 2'6-2'9 and they ended up being HUGE like well over 3'3. My poor friend was the only pony competitor in the class and she ended up getting eliminated too. I got home @ 11.00pm and was not a happy bunny at all.

Looking Miserable lol!....
SolihullLookingMiserable.jpg

Next Day out was clear round jumping in Leicester. I thought it would be good to have a slightly less pressured enviroment to practice our jumping.
It was a really nice yard and all the people were so friendly. We arrived quite late so had to do the 2'3 round (Only planned on doing TEENY ones!) The organisers were really nice and put the plank jump nice & low (He has a plank fear!) and they took the big gate away as i didnt have the guts for it. We did 3 rounds and got a clear on the last. I was soooo pleased he was a star even with some pretty scary fillers.

Heres the video....
http://youtu.be/B_GUlKRjsVs

And a pic...note our Luuuurvley new KV browband
BlabyMills.jpg

Feeling more confidant from our clear round experience i continued our jump practice at home. We were doing really well, OH found a road traffic plank to pratice with which seemed to be going really well. We were doing lots of fillers using blocks and all sorts. We even did a big spread using the plank, wish i had got it on video! D'oh
Our school has been out of use for a bit but finally it has been sorted. So all eager i got OH to set us up some grids in the school to do including the plank. He was being a right t*t, for some reason he hates that school and has always been a spooky monkey. There is also a killer calf stabled opposite the school which freaks him the hell out. Every time we passed it he was giraffe neck snorty prancy rushy which really got me wound up bearing in mind he passes this pissing cow every day. Any started jumping which was great then the third time round he did a right dirty stop at the second jumps which was the plank cue me getting face planted into the ground. Wasnt nice at all.

Before giving his mom a flying lesson...note the pony eating cow...
Finnleyinschool.jpg

My jumping confidance really plumeted then, well with riding all together actually. So with all my anxiety issues going mad and then this i just felt like i shouldnt ride again. I felt like the most rubbish rider in the world and that i should give up horses all together. Never felt so low to be honest.

But since taking things slowly again ive felt much better, we have just being doing schooling practice, going on little hacks and doing pole work/tiny cross poles. So now am feeling positive and confidance is quickly returning again yay! :)

A soggy but very fun hack with the yard girlies...
SoggyHack.jpg

We have some fun rides too...

This was from cannock chase, he enjoyed every minute and was SO strong!

CannockChaseProRosette.jpg

Another rosette for your collection mom!
CannockChaseRosette.jpg

Then we went to Catton Hall for another ride, which had X country jumps in too. We did a fairly big log, a small tyre jump & a small table like jump. We also practiced in the water jump he was ace, he just cantered through it loving it! Again he was just so full of life and would of cantered the whole 15miles if i had let him!

Some piccies...

Ready to go...those tabards are not flattering at all...
FinnCattonHallCloseup.jpg

Pro Pic...
FinnCattonHallPro.jpg

After playing in the water jump...
FinnatCattonHallWaterJUmp.jpg

Another rosette for the collection...
MeFinnCattonHallRosette.jpg

Last weekend me, OH and the dog went for a nice little hacket @ Cannock chase. We only went out for 45mins but it was really really nice. I was so proud of Finn & my dog they behaved SO well. My dog who used to try and attack horses a few years ago was a complete star, he was off the lead the whole time and just followed us. Finn who is very nervy of dogs didnt spook at him once even when he ran out the bushes infront and behind of him several times. Its helped my dog fear too, we will get there one day!

Finnatcasualcannockchase.jpg

CasualCannockChase.jpg

I still love this little horse more than ever, he may not be the most confidant but he is such a caring young man who i feel really looks after me despite my recent falls. I really think his niche is endurance/fun rides i also plan to do some dressage with him later on this year when his schooling is up to scratch. As for jumping well im just happy popping him over the odd cross pole for now.

Its a hard life isnt it Finn?
Finnthesloth.jpg

To be continued....i told you this would be long! :wink:

Brandy has now been with us 4 months (Wow doesnt time fly!) :wub:

I have honestly fallen in love with this horse, there is just somthing special about him really. OH has to remind me quite often that he isnt mine and not to steal him :giggle:

He is so kind & gentle, a total dope on a rope to lead, not spooky at all :angel:

Im really pleased with his progress so far, he has learnt that us picking his feet out isnt going to kill him and will now let us pick out all 4 feet without a fuss. He has learnt to lunge on both riens in walk,trot and a bit of canter. Also has been lunging over poles and a small jump including the planks. His action is really beautiful and he really enjoys working. :wub: He loves his walks out & about too, he just doesnt flap at anything!

He has worn a saddle and has started been lunged in a roller, which did get some broncs and leaps at first but he's started to get used to it all now.

I plan to bit him in the next month or so and get him lunging in full tack then we will see what happens!

Brandy & My OH having cuddles....soppy gits..
BrandyOH.jpg

Mummy look at my camel impression....
Brandy.jpg

Sparkly white feathers....
BrandyWhiteSocks.jpg

I am pleased with his condition, just right for going into summer i think. His summer coat is starting to come through now, i can see why he is passported as dark bay now

BrandyCondition.jpg

Another little project ive been given is Smurf, 11 h approx some kind of welsh Sec A i think. One of the ladies at the yard aquired him and asked me if i would ride him every now and again for her which of course i was happy to do!
He has been a lead rien pony in past life apparently but then left doing nothing as he has no jockey. Ex owner said he was way to strong and naughty for a child of the lead rien so to 'be carefull' :giggle:

He is very bold and not scared of anything which is a nice change from spooky pants finnley :wub: but he is very naughty, napping, little bucks, spins, trying to charge off etc i can see why a small child would be scared. I actually find it quite hilarious lol!

Excuse the saddle...its all we have at the mo!...

Smurf.jpg

To be continued again...bored yet...? :wink:

Lovely to hear from you Vicki. I wondered what had become of you! You seem to have had your ups and downs but it's great to see Finn looking so well and happy.

I think you might have it on the button there with endurance, I think your little man could go all day!

When you say he gets strong - what does he do? And how do you cope? I'd like to learn!

Mr Perry has been rarther miserable of late And i have been feeling quite bad for him tbh. :frown:

Ever since we moved yards and he hasnt been able to be turned out with Finn he has gotten quite sad it seems.He has to be turned out the 2 other mini's who dont really like him as he terrorises them constantly, so he seems very secluded which i find a real shame bcuase he just loves playing. These 2 little mini's are super nervous/shy and just tend to run away from him. I dont know if ponies can be depressed but ive noticed a real change in him.

He has been very angry at the world, he has been kicking out & biting most people at the yard. Although he doesnt do it to me fortunatly. I just kept looking at him and he didnt have a shine in his eye anymore, he just looked fed up and bored with life. I shamefully havent done much with him recently and i think he just longs to have loads of attention which i cannot give him at the moment.

So it was made that he was to find a new home. I really didnt want to face selling him, there are so many shetlands out there who havent got homes and end up at auctions. I just could not bear that happening to him.

But luck was obviously coming my when Dannii (Aka Danni5691 off here) offered him a long term loan home. I snapped her hand off and took him to his new home Saturday just gone. It was a long journey down (3ish hours) but he travelled like a pro.

Im so so pleased he has gone to such a nice person and i know he will always be spoilt & looked after.

I cant thank Dannii enough, i know he is going to be such a happy chappy with her & June.

Giving me a big smooch....
Perry2.jpg

Giving me a cuddle before we say our goodbyes...
Perry.jpg

With Dannii & June is new home :smile:

DanniiPerry.jpg

Now for the next bit of big news....

As some of you may know already i saw an Ad for a Mare on facebook a few weeks ago and havent been able to stop thinking about her since.

I talked myself out of the idea loads of times but in the end i gave up and went to see her yesterday.

Its odd because i dont like Mares, i dont really like the welsh breed, i dont like black horses (Apart from Brandy) and i dont like fine little leggy things. But i dont know why she really just struck a chord with me.

She is 11yrs old,13.h, welsh B X, born in ireland and apparently competed up to 1m with a young 9yr old lad and then ended up coming to the uk. Not to sure on what exactly happened but the lady i brought her off had her off a dealer in norfolk, apparently she wasnt in a great state at all.

So after many discussions me & OH decided to just stuff it, we drove the 2.5 hours to essex with our box and took her home the same. Foolish maybe, but you live once and i havent thought about a horse this much since i brought Finn lol!

I did ride her and she is VERY different to what im used too. My Finn is like riding a slow hippo haha! She is very bold, fiery, confidant and foward going. I felt a little un neverved but safe, she didnt spook at all when i took her on a hack even when we saw umbrellas!

She travelled home nicely, i did have to stop at the services but she remained calm & quiet.

Buffyonwayhome.jpg

Daddies girl already me thinks...
Buffyatservicestation.jpg

When we got home it was a bit stressfull, not her fault at all. All the girls crowded round the lorry as soon as we got back which got me stressed out, i just wanted a bit of space for the poor old girl to take everything in. Then people started getting all there horses in, the arrival set the herd off going on a right madden so she was watching a herd full of 15 horses galloping around like complete nut cases. Think my blood pressure was rising at this point, although bless her she didnt do anything nasty just got a bit wound up.

So we put her in her stable and she tried to jump the stable door....her owners werent wrong when they said she will jump anything :giggle: so i had to shut her top door so she could just calm down without the others winding her up.

I SEE BOYS!

Fierybuffy.jpg

I went up the yard again late evening when i knew everyone would be gone, i opened her door up and she had calmed down a lot, Phew. I talk her for a walk around the yard a few times and she was golden. Our yard is FULL of things for horses to spook at....dogs in kennels, cows, pics, storage units everywhere you get the picture lol she didnt spook at anything at al. Even with my dog running around like mad hound she just walked by the side of me ears pricked foward wanting to explore. She did spot some jumps and got a bit prancy but nothing nasty or contrallable.

I then brought the boys in and gave them all a big groom. She kept nuzzling me when i was grooming her, she kept looking round as if to say 'Ahhh this is nice i think i like this'. Finn was really impressed and kept making her squeel, he is such a tart!

She also gave me loads of kisses and cuddles, she really is a sweet mare. I picked out all her hooves without problems and brushed her little face. She is so so fine compared to finn, i cant get used to it!

Then i put them all in got there dinners ready, she did a massive niegh when she saw her feed bucket bless her. Then i left them too it.

This morning she was okay, bit wound up again but soon calmed down when she saw me. :wub: We took her for a few laps around the yard again and down the hay field to stretch her legs, again golden just very prancey lol! Imagine a very pretty collected trot, almost trotting on the spot! She had some grass for half an hour then back in her stable for breakie and wormer. Which again she was a star for. Ive had to shut both doors again as i really dont want to risk her jumping out when the other horses were turned out (The paddock is right in view of the stable)

I hope she will be okay tonight, may turn her out in one the small paddocks so she can let off some steam.

Excuse me looking rough...
MeBuff.jpg

Finn saying hello to his new sister, and Buffy looking pretty in her blingy headcollar.
Buffyandfinn.jpg

Jumping with the lady i brought her off....talk about Scope lol!
Buffycompete.jpg

Sorry i didnt mention her name is Buffy did i? :wub: Im hoping she will give me lots onf confidance and show me how jumping is really done lol!

So yeah thats my update....talk about long haha hope i havent bored anybody!

Another bit of exciting news is we are taking 2 of them on a horsey holiday in June (OH booked it as a surprise!) cant wait!

Last edited:
Goodness me what an update.........:giggle:

Sorry to hear you have been unwell but great to hear things are improving.

Great to hear you have found such a lovely home for Mr Perry, must admit I question having Bert at times but couldn't bear to think he may end up being passed on and on or worse !

LOVE the new Ponio......Buffy, lol, she looks a dream.

and Finn..........there is a remarkable journey you two have been on from day one, reading your diary the other week to seeing and hearing about the two of you now its a fabulous partnership.

Great news Vicki xxxx

Lovely update you have been very busy! Hope you are feeling better

Mr Perry is utterly lush! :wub:

I have the keep calm and canter on mug :biggrin:

Oh Vicki what an up and down couple of weeks you have had. Sorry to hear that you have not been well and I hope you are felling better. happy vibes heading your way.

You have been busy on the lovely Finn but as you have said sometimes we can do to much when things are going well but when something happens it hits us even harder. What a good call to slow things down and may be as you have said his talents lay in fun rides and endurance.

But the good thing us that Buffy I love the name and very pretty she is will give you the jumping experience you crave and that takes the pressure of your lovely boy.

Please Mr perry has found a nice home.

Wishing you all best in getting better and cant wait to here what you are up to now

That's a fantastic update. You sound like you have certainly got your hands full of horses and you are obviously very happy with them. Keep posting, your life sounds so much more interesting than mine!

really good to hear from you Vicki, glad you are feeling better. Really loved the photos and update..... you have done so well gaining back control and your confidence, I lost mine on Christmas eve and despite looking everywhere cant find it:stomp: I look forward to your adventures with Buffy....x

Oh god ... Hangover picture :( hehe

I'm so pleased you bought buffy. She is so sweet.

Perry has been settling in great and terrorising the ponys

He was having a good gallop about with isla the 15 hand yearling and met June. Nothing to dramatic, no squealing and kicking, just a flick of the tail and a look and that was that! Has been playing with the other foal and Spencer the stallion.

We are going showing at the end of the month! Shall ofcourse update!!
Pics

b30cc1eb.jpg

700dc77e.jpg

f9b34cf3.jpg

12b81c5b.jpg

601ec59f.jpg

Last edited:
Great update Vicki and thanks for all the photos!! Gorgeous as ever!!

I'm sorry that your confidence has taken a knock. But look at it another way - look at what you have done - jumping (bigger than expected), competing, fast and furious fun rides, going out and about in your lorry, riding a new pony....the list goes on and on! If I had the guts to do a quarter of what you've achieved I'd die happy!! :biggrin:

I also love your Keep Calm and Canter On hoody! Where can I get one?!

Buffy is gorgeous too!! I love black horses!

You got her! :dance::dance::dance:

Fab... and hope it all works out for you :biggrin:

Oh and also Vicki - do you jump in an ordinary nose band and do fun rides in a grackle? Does Fin cross his jaw? I just ask as Tango does this and it drives me mad! He even does it when I take away ALL contact and also with my RI so I know it's not my hands! Does he mind the grackle? I'm not entirely sure why they stop them crossing their jaws??

Anyway sorry - PM me if you like coz that is totally off topic!!! :redface:

Great to hear from you!!! I'm really sorry to hear that you've not been feeling great, it's so easy for things to get on top of you when life gets busy and there's so many things you want to do!

Sounds like all is going well at your end! Fab to hear that your confidence is coming back and that Mr P has found a great home. I just looove your newbie!

What an update! Congrats on your new addition and fair well to Perry but at least you can keep in touch!

Huuuuuuge update!!

Took me ages to read through all that but I enjoyed it :smile:

Finn is looking lush as always. He looks fab on the fun ride!! Very jealous of you getting out and about in your little box too. Ive pestered the OH but apparently it's a luxury I'm not going to be getting anytime soon. Don't feel you have to push yourself though. Please be careful, we don't want you making yourself poorly.

Brandy is looking lovely too. Think we need some working photos once he gets out and about learning. And maybe some vids to see his lovely movement :smile:

I'm looking forward to visiting little Perry!! :dance: exciting!!

And....Buffy looks lovely if a little excitable :bounce: but I'm sure she'll settle in and work out that it's not all exciting and that boys are smelly and boring soon :giggle:

newrider.com