Long Riding Boots

Star the Fell

Jun 14, 2015
Can anyone recommend a good all round long riding boot for me?
I am only 5' so most boots are too long, I also have chunky (ish) calves through running. I don't need competition boots but want something a bit smarter than the country boots I usually ride in.
Budget is around £150 to £200 max

I have mountain horse boots, they used to come on different leg lengths/widths. My everyday ones are starting to look tatty now but they are about 6 years old. I think they are great boots and have lasted better than any other boot I've ever had, but I do only ride in them, field and yard I wear my muck boots.

MH are pretty good as KR says. Over the years I've tried a few, I had Toggi Calgaris but they died on me. I had Requisite ones which were pretty good from Robbies. I had Sherwood ones which were ace for the money, at £50 you can't go wrong! They had fur lining too. Not sure if they still do those.
I also would say my Ariat Winderemeres took some beating, they lasted me about five winters! And being pull on no zip to get mud stuck in (they are country style but definitely designed for riding in - they have a spur rest too if you need them)

I have my trusted faithful Harry Hall.
Be interest in replies because when they die, they don't make that style anymore.
I might actually have to pay to get repaired!! Like the old days.

I have my trusted faithful Harry Hall.
Be interest in replies because when they die, they don't make that style anymore.
I might actually have to pay to get repaired!! Like the old days.

I had some lovely Harry Hall boots, I wore them until they more or less disintegrated! Lol they don't do that style now either.

These are Finlay and I love them. I wonder which makes are similar as I am slim leg.
Think equileather though could be wrong.

I'm a dink too at just over 5 ft and I'm only petite so some of the boots look daft on me. After spending every penny I had buying Diego, it'll take me a while until I can save up for the Ariats I really want!! Ie about 5 years haha. So I got some brown requisite ones from robinsons and they're lovely. Very comfy and basically the same as the toggi calgary but just a bit cheaper lol xx

newrider.com