Long Reining Question

cobmum

Sep 13, 2009
Middlewich
Just a quick question, i have never done long reining at all - wouldnt have a clue where to start!! I dont have my own horse currently but will be looking to get my own later this year :D

Should i wait till i get my horse and a private instructor or is this reasonable request to ask a riding school instrcuctor?

Come and help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver has no idea about long reining, it would be useful to have a spare pair of hands!

If you need to know about long reining then try E Bay for some old videos/dvds. A good one is Dane Roberts, he does most of his training from the ground, he can get his horses up to a really good level just by long reining.

oh god me and india had some fun long reining!!! more her tanking off to see her friends with me attatched to the end but after ironing out some teething issues she really got the hang of it and i must say has made so much difference as it has given her lots of confidence and she is so much more responsive to voice commands, i started lungeing with a roller and two reins in walk and mooving more and more behind her as she calmed and got better at it if that makes sense!

newrider.com