long or short?

midnightmare

Oct 21, 2007
Derbyshire
i have long and short boots lol, and i don't know which to wear tomorrow! I have never worn long ones before but ALWAYS ride in chaps :) so i'm not sure which to wear.
I didn't really like the idea of riding in long boots, but i was so amazed at the fact i managed to find a pair my muscular legs can fit into, i just had to buy them :eek:

are they leather or rubber long boots? i HATE rubber long boots:eek: the only thing they are good for is when you use them as wellies.

i love my half chaps and short boots, give you goot support and *feeling* :)

the only special thing i'm doing tomorrow is my lesson lol.
they are rubber ones, i am annoyed with my chaps cause they keep squeaking really loudly on the saddle

Personally, I'd wear whatevers most comfortable, you don't want to get part way through a lesson and realise your in pain due to breaking in new boots/them not fitting right etc. x

I prefur short boots and chaps, as i find rubber boots restrict leg movement and just plain uncomfortable if I'm honest! I find hard to make simple movements like 'outside leg back.' Although i know a few people who ride fine in rubber boots, try the rubber boots and see what you think.

I cannot find long boots to fit my generous but short calves so it's chaps and short boots every time for me. I like the close contact with chaps so it's not too annoying.

I normally ride in my mountain horse long boots.

But my RI ask last week if i had short boots as she would like me to ride in them as she feel as if you have more movement in your ankles.

So for todays lesson i rode in short boots and chaps and i didnt like it at all im going back to my mountain horse long boots and my RI didnt say anything.

Dont ride in the long boots if you have just bought them you need to brake them in first.

newrider.com