Livery Yards Near Portobello edinburgh

AFROST

Apr 2, 2008
edinburgh
Hi Guys,

I want to move my Horse Tonic nearer to me in Portobello, Edinburgh Does anyone know of a good yard that does diy with good hacking?

Cheers Ami

sorry, i don't, i know there are a few out that way but no idea what they are called or hacking:eek:

do you know any that are in east lothian i have had a look on the web someone said something about sunnyside farm in east linton? but i can t find anything for it? x

not heard of that one, i am the other end of Edinburgh:eek:

i have seen some yards when on the train to north berwick?

best thing to do it go for a drive around, if you see some horses , stop in:)

Hi Guys,

I want to move my Horse Tonic nearer to me in Portobello, Edinburgh Does anyone know of a good yard that does diy with good hacking?

Cheers Ami

Do you have transport - ie car rather than trailer etc??

There is:

The Edinburgh Equestrian Centre - just on the boundary of Dalkeith/Musselburgh - all levels of livery, hacking in an 800 acre estate, but they are building a bypass though that one, still lots to do though, has its own website

Oxenfoord - on the outskirts of Dalkeith - all levels of livery - not seen the off road hacking, but I know they have fields to go round, on the Vogrie Tyne Esk trail route - has its own website

Vogrie - just along the road from Oxenfoord - not sure if does DIY but worth a check - on Tyne Esk route again - has its own website

Mountskip - just along the road from Vogrie!!! (I see a pattern!!) - does all levels of livery - website wasn't working!!

Gowkshill - in Gorebridge (I think) less rural, not sure about the amount of livery available.

Drummohr - otherside of Musselburgh to all the others, not sure about hacking, but I think they have a website

Can't think of anymore of the bigger ones, hope that helps!!!

Where about do you keep your horse at the mo, how far are you willing to travel/what kind of transport do you have access to and what sort of facilities are you after?

I'm fairly sure there is a new livery at Longniddry - might not be very new. I think if you google you might find it as it does have a website. There is also a yard at Macmerry, something in Tranent as well. I've been at Oxenfoord before and they do DIY and grass livery with pretty good hacking. Vogrie does DIY and grass livery but you're looking at £35 for just the grass livery! There are loads of places in East Lothian but it just depends what facilities you are after. Some more off the top of my head are Boggs holdings at Pentcaitland and a new yard near Carberry. Hope this helps, more often than not its word of mouth and asking around or driving around. Wallyford have a tackshop, maybe you could call in there and ask?

Where about do you keep your horse at the mo, how far are you willing to travel/what kind of transport do you have access to and what sort of facilities are you after?

i keep her in peebles at the mo! i have a car and really want good hacking and little roads and a school am not bothered about posh places. I cant believe how expensive it is!

Yeah, Peebles would be a bit of a trek, can see why you might want to move!Is it full/part or DIY you're after?

I know of a couple of places east/midlothian, can pm details if you like.

Yeah, Peebles would be a bit of a trek, can see why you might want to move!Is it full/part or DIY you're after?

I know of a couple of places east/midlothian, can pm details if you like.

That would be great it DIY am looking for. Thanks

there's places on the Pentlands... have you thought about those? certainly nearer than Peebles, and not to far to travel from Porty

there's places on the Pentlands... have you thought about those? certainly nearer than Peebles, and not to far to travel from Porty

yes thought about these going to see one next week, i have got it in my head i want to go to east lothian with her dont want her near a busy road at all! x

yes went to oxenfoord on friday think thats the one for us! even my boyfriend thought tonic would be happy there and he's scared of her! x

you said in an earlier post that you dont want Tonic near a busy road, yet you're going to Oxenfoord?? Oxenfoord is very near to the A68, and it's not only busy, but fast too..... I've seen some real idiots on that road... please be carefull

i thought about that too and you dont need to ride on the road at all the woman was saying so should be fine as long as i dont need to go near it cant seem to find anywhere else!

newrider.com