Livery Yards etc. in Dundee

martini55

Apr 16, 2004
Scotland
Visit site
Okay so following on from my last thread in the sofa area last week, I have decided that I can't possibly face a life without another horse. I might not be ready yet to take the step to getting back into horses (though I have seen one I like the look of, but I feel very guilty about it and don't think it's the right time yet). But I'd like to think that maybe this time next year I will have a new horsey friend in my life. I like to be prepared, simply because things always tend to not go as planned, and I have no idea about equestrian facilities in this area. I have recently moved to the north-east side of Dundee, from Fife, and I don't have a clue about livery yards, vets, farriers, feed merchants etc. in this area. Can anyone help?

I would ideally like a yard to either be close to my home (outskirts of north-east side of city) or on the way to work (which would be somewhere close to the A90 between Dundee and Forfar). I have googled and found a yard called Murroes Livery at Murroes Farm, which seems close. Anyone know of it?

What I would be looking for:

* Ideally 24/7 year-round grass livery
* Would be nice to have an area to groom/tack-up in
* Horses are turned out in herds
* Preferably someone living on site 24/7
* The option to have YO organise/oversee farrier visits (since I work full-time)
* Horse checked on if I can't make it to the yard and holiday cover when I'm away
* Good hacking, other facilities such as schools don't need to be great
* Emergency access to stable if required

I am stuck in bed ill and though I'd try and give myself something positive to focus on. Any help appreciated:smile:

I couldn't possibly be without my lads.. they fill the void where otherwise I'd be sat at home bored:mstickle: Loosing a beloved member of a family is hard, but getting a new member will help heal that hole.. we all know you'll never forget her, but she'll always live on in your heart:wink:

newrider.com