Livery in South Northants/North Bucks area?

acw295

May 21, 2006
twitter.com
Any ideas? My preferred place is full for now so need a back up plan. Got two possibles to see but one of those is individual turnout which I'm not keen on. I'm looking in all the obvious places (tack shops etc) but the best yards seem to be word of mouth.

Assisted DIY/Part preferred, must have good hacking, turnout and school. Preferably within 20 mins drive of MK or therabouts :)

i'm at a yard just off junction 15a/16 of the m1, its DIY only not assisted plenty of fielding and a school, its only £80pcm, it includes plenty of stabling, we are very close to the local wood's and of road hacking.
But i'm not sure if thats close enough for you

Olney way is a possibility - can you pm the details please? If it's not totally DIY and I don't have to go before work then can afford to look slightly further away.

Think Bromham might be bit too far though

Hello,

Are you looking Olney way? I know of some yards near there.

I know of a yard in Bromham too?

Lucy x

Sounds lovely, but bit too far for total DIY - would take over an hour in travelling round trip in rush hour.....might get away with distance on part livery.....thanks though :)

i'm at a yard just off junction 15a/16 of the m1, its DIY only not assisted plenty of fielding and a school, its only £80pcm, it includes plenty of stabling, we are very close to the local wood's and of road hacking.
But i'm not sure if thats close enough for you

What ones have you looked at in Bucks, if you don't mind my asking? I might know of others that are close around them.

horseygal90 - Ridge Dean in Soulbury which I loved but is full for now

Loughton (where I have lessons) - close to home but not what I want
A farm in Salford (don't know the name - it's very small and too DIY)
Bryerley Springs in Great Brickhill
Wharf Lane @ Yardley Gobion
Greenacres @ Puxley (full)

Have the number of one in Potterspury that I am going to hopefully see this week and have heard of a grass livery in Mursley and one on Drayton Parslow that may be possibilities. There aren't many places currently advertising that I can see........

Lol - I have thought about it, it looks lovely thanks - but I think I may get laughed at......I'm not exactly competitive and would have a heart attack if I had to go around the X-country :eek:

I do have a secret ambition to do the new 'tiddly' course that they built though....

Of course you wouldnt look silly there :p
They have lots of normal people there and their little course is great fun - they also have lots of tiddly shows to go to if thats what you fancy aiming for ?

The hacking is good and its very secure - but quite large - i'm more of a small yard girl but not sure how large / small you would be happy with ??

Do prefer smaller yards - Ridge Dean is perfect and I'll be in like a shot as soon as someone moves out........

But yeah - a few tiddly X country rounds definitely appeals, just want to have some fun and not take it terribly seriously. Then once I'm more confident possibly try a few RC events and have a go at hunting :D:D

Going to see a little yard in Potterspury this week which could be great......

Colling woods - Bow Brickhill
Tilbrook Farm - Bow Again
Old trekkin centre - she normally advertises in Simons
Marshmore - part livery in bow

Home Farm in GB - hard to get in unless grass
Place in Whaddon - does grass and DIY
You have the one at Drayton Parslow.....

I went to see one in Pottersbury but were all stallion, Jess would be in heaven!
Will keep my eye out for you, i do have a list somewhere from when i was looking a few years ago!

Or if you get somewhere sorted I'll gategrash in with you :D:D:D

Colling woods - Bow Brickhill
Tilbrook Farm - Bow Again
Old trekkin centre - she normally advertises in Simons
Marshmore - part livery in bow

Home Farm in GB - hard to get in unless grass
Place in Whaddon - does grass and DIY
You have the one at Drayton Parslow.....

I went to see one in Pottersbury but were all stallion, Jess would be in heaven!
Will keep my eye out for you, i do have a list somewhere from when i was looking a few years ago!

Is Stone too far? I don't know if my yard has livery space at the mo, but it's lovely.

They've got a tiddly cross country course (honestly, biggest jump is a 2ft 3 by 2ft table), nice menage, stables and fields etc. The only downside is it's on a busy road, and I'm not sure about the hacking - Theoretically you could go into the village and walk around there but it'd be the getting back that would be a problem.

Not sure where that is......have you got a postcode and I'll google it :)

Is Stone too far? I don't know if my yard has livery space at the mo, but it's lovely.

They've got a tiddly cross country course (honestly, biggest jump is a 2ft 3 by 2ft table), nice menage, stables and fields etc. The only downside is it's on a busy road, and I'm not sure about the hacking - Theoretically you could go into the village and walk around there but it'd be the getting back that would be a problem.

I've found somewhere thanks to an NR member which seems perfect and paid a deposit to hold the stable :D

Thanks to everyone who replied :)

newrider.com