Livery in Edinburgh

JOJOBA

Fluffy Bunny, apparently
I know of quite a few (researched it before), but may potentially be needing livery for my beast this year, so wanted to put him on some waiting lists just in case :)

Indoor school would be extremely lovely, roundpen would be brilliant.

MUST have at least one school, good turnout, big stables, someone on site... must also be kind and friendly. No riding schools.

I have about.... 10 already. Just wondering if there's any I havent come up with? Preferably on the South side of Edinburgh but not absolutely essential.

xxx

You coming up to scottie land permanent???

What are the names of the ones you have???

Nikki xxxx

You coming up to scottie land permanent???

Looks like it ;)

What are the names of the ones you have???

You expect me to remember??
Um.... Vogrie.... Gosh I really cant actually remember! There was one that was into showing, one which was very near Vogrie, one which was into Endurance..... one which was in an old stately home or something with stable blocks.... I'll remember them all when you tell me the names ;)

I wrote it all down when I was planning to bring my last horse up last year. I suppose I best dig it all out again!

xxx

ETA - one with 'Pentland' in the name is ringing a bell

Excellent!!!!

Let us know when you decide and you can join our summer mini meet!!!!

Nikki xxxxx

Fieldings and Broadmeadow are in west lothian. about 25 miles west of edinburgh.

Mortonhall - no for many reasons!!

Oxenfoord -dont know what its like

Vogrie - nice yard and facilities, a little bit out of edinburgh but worth it

Cousland Park - dont know what its like

Mountskip - i have driven past it and it looks okay. Has an outdoor school but it is quite close to a busy road.along the same road as vogrie.

Pentland House - just up from hillend ski slope and looks nice (think this is the endurance woman)

Swanston - right next to ski slope (actually on the pentland hills) indoor school lots of well laid out grazing. Has a long waiting list and only does diy.( i am on the list for here as it is 2 minutes from my house)

EEC - i think its very busy and they have loads of rules!! check out the website under rules, seems very strict to me You have to use there farrier and vet. Only certain instructors allowed to come and teach you as well.

Damhead - lauren with charlie was there. it was small but had nice stables and an outdoor school. not sure what the grazing was like.

Im trying to think of others.

there is one out at winchburgh, cant remember its name though. its to the west of edinburgh not far from the forth road bridge area.

Fizz's yard is being changed and will be all posh with a indoor school and stuff. And it has lots of grazing too. Im on the list for their too.
There are yards at currie/balerno but i couldnt tell you the names.

Depends how long you want your commute to be really. It can take me at least 20 minutes to get to vogrie from my house and im on the outskirts just at the bypass. It can take me at the least 30 minutes to get to princes street from my house. So if you are coming from that side of town , a good hour to get to the likes of vogrie.

Last edited:
Is that a genuine offer ;) :p

xxx

Yes ... when I've got my yard :D If I was around more I'd look after him in a flash, he's GORGEOUS :D It will have 24/7 turnout, lunge/round pen sea walker, pebble walker, indoor & outdoor, gallops, xc course, tarmac tracks for barefoot conditioning, wash room, lecture room etc etc etc ......

Lol Jenni I think you have got Oxenfoord mixed up with Mountskip :p

Oxenfoord has BHS approval but is right next to the A68 main road between Scotland and England, it has an all weather outdoor school and has added a small indoor one used to be a pig farm;) infact they have converted some of the stables out of the pig sheds :D nice place but too near the main road for me.

Then there is Vogrie which is lovely but no indoor, it holds shows and summer jumping and dressage points ;)

Mountskip is next on that road has a lovely big indoor school, but does not do full livery anymore just diy, i went to see it just before christmas, but love my place too much:p :D

Sorry cant say Ive seen any with round pens :confused: maybe Cousland park does tho, very posh :cool: lovely place too expensive for me tho:(

Yes Jenni you just see the sign;)

Tricia Wren's place had a round pen, but only outdoor school and apparently the hacking wasn't great ?

Drummohr hosts a fair few clinics - I think thats where I'll be for Kathleen Lindley's clinic this summer ?

newrider.com