Liverpool Wood Pellets

banny

Jun 20, 2004
Lancashire
Visit site
Hi,

I've just been reading about Liverpool wood Pellets and they sound like a good money saving option. Has anyone got any photos of their horses bed using these pellets as I cant imagine how it would look.

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

I was just abou to say there is another thread that Roofs has posted photos on but she beat me to it:)

I currently use Aquamax that is very similar, I use a special fork that is deeper so easier to sift with. You can use a normal shavings fork but I find it takes longer

i use a normal shavings fork but will get one of the special ones next payday :D

the only problem i'm having with it at the moment is that the wet is quite heavy and solid, and i can't decide what to throw out and what to keep :rolleyes:

but it is pretty good all in all.

I am picking a load up tomorrow and after following these thread and some others i am looking forward to putting them to the test

Whats the delivery like on them usually? I've been waiting a week.......and as yet no indication of a delivery date

I know they only started deliverys again on the 2nd jan (last friday after the xmas break)

Mine came yesterday all ok but they had the wrong phone number so couldnt contact me and had the delivery details wrong:confused: I have the reciept of what I entered so I dont no lol admin problem lol I took some pitures heres goes:)

storm is made up with it lol

I only added 2 buckets of water to this which was 5bags as I want to see how it fluffs up with the horses input lol

Attachments

• bedding 001.jpg
    bedding 001.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
  • bedding 002.jpg
    bedding 002.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 71
  • bedding 003.jpg
    bedding 003.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 81
  • bedding 009.jpg
    bedding 009.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 74
Mine arrived yesterday - no notification, so a space had not been made but thankfully we had a yard full of people to help make space AND handball it into place - supposed to come with a pump up pallet fork but our delivery guy couldnt get it anywhere near.

The pellets while similar to aquamax are def not as easy to break down - adding them to existing beds to "fluff" them up in the way adding a bag of aquamax does, doesnt happen. You ideally need to dampen them before hand and fork through thoroughly to break down the pellets. Even doing it this way, the dampened stuff felt damp! with aquamax, the dampened bedding feels dry.

I shall see what its like with our very wet horses - it might suit them better, but at the mo i will not be severing ties with my aquamax man just yet

I've been looking into wood pellets so have been following this thread with interest. My two mini shetties share a stable and are currently on shavings as one of them coughs on straw. Its costing a small fortune to bed them at the mo as I'm paying in excess of £7 a bale for shavings (using at least two bales a week) and am having to use what ever I can get my hand on, so the quality isn't always the best.

The one thing I can't get my head round is does the bed dry or does it remain damp?

Also how many bags do you need to start off the bed? They are in an average sized stable with matting, I usually only cover half the floor as otherwise they mix their hay in with the bedding.

The Liverpool pellets look excellent value altho I'm a bit reluctant to buy in bulk until I've seen if I get on with them. Will prob pick enough up from the local feed shop to put the initial bed down and see how we go

Ive been using thwese for a while now, and im very happy with them, the price is very important now days, after all they only get covered in poo and wee, and they dont go dusty. Delivery was a bit slow on my last lot, but it is just after christmas, so Ill give them the benfit of the doubt...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

www.liverpoolwoodpellets.co.uk

Mine arrived on Wed, will be putting them in stable next weekend so will get soome pics :) I did take a bag home and experiment in some big jugs :D Really impressed, looks like it will be really easy to muck out :D:D:D

Wood Pellets

I got my wood pellets from Corley BioWood, had used LWP pellets before, so thought i'd try them from this place as they were cheaper. Worked out that they were the same make of pellets that i'd got from LWP.
Was well pleased, got them really quick too. Think there website is www.corleybiowood.co.uk :)

i have just ordered a load,
could you tell me how to do it? :eek:
do you lay a bed and then spray it with a hose, or put them in a wheelbarrow and pour water on, or soak them like you do hay? also how long do they take to dry?
thanks
beki

newrider.com