Liverpool Equine Hospital

Blue Fish

Sue and Bug
Aug 24, 2005
Birmingham
I was just wondering if any one has any experiences of Liverpool Equine Hospital with relation to treatment of Lumbar pain in horses.
My friend has a TB mare with back issues, have been down all the normal avenues, saddle checked, chiro, Osteo and Physio look at her. She has now been referred to Liverpool by the vet, just waiting for the call to tell us when they want her.

I'm not expecting it to be anything but fab, just normally get referred to a place closer to home:)

I have looked at their web site and think she is probably going to the best place she could.

Only having to go to Liverpool as they have both excellent Xray facillities and also able to bone scan too. My normal place can only do the Xrays and would need to send us yet some where else for the bone scan, best to have it all done in one place - less trauma for the mare.

I just have no idea what they are going to find - kissing spine was mentioned by the Physio as possible, but the vet was not convinced as the pain is lumbar, behind the saddle. Not saddle related as she hasn't had one on her for over 8 weeks now.

5 mins up road from me:D i cant recommend them enough, over the years i have used the reguarly as my practice vets as well the staff are brill and have so much technology and knowledge

newrider.com