liverpool bit

yvonnemiller

Mar 5, 2007
been told to use a liverpool bit for my shetland as they are the ( proper kit )
does anyone else use these on there shetland and what is your experience with these bits good or bad, at the mo im driving in a neue 4 inch hanging cheek bit which ive been told is too small for him which is strange as he has always been 4 inch in bit size - maybe he has had a growth spurt ? :confused: has anyone had experience of neue bits do there sizes come up small ?

Mine hate Liverpools, I have tried them but every one to a man said "No thanks"

Liverpools for Shetlands is not necessarily "proper kit"

I use either Wilson snaffles (all kinds of mouthpieces) or French link Butterfly Pelhans, They are a much lighter and less of a gobful for a small Shetland.

How big is your Shetland? Our bigger ones 41.5 inches take a 4.5, the 36 -37 inch once generally get away with a 4inch.

Ahhh a midi, so he could be 4 and a quarter ;) ;) Our 38 inch guys, who are heavy boned and stocky have a 4.5 inch.

Jackson who is 37 and petite takes a (very expensive) 4 inch fancy copper alloy , fancy lozenge, 'cos he a prima donna. The rest make do with SS.

Wilsons are a very good compromise for small ponies, I have seen Shetlands in Army Reversibles, the poor mites can hardly hole their head up with the weight.

newrider.com