Live from Dunedin NZ - brilliant ride *pics*

kiwigirl

Jan 27, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
Well am grinning ear to ear after a 3 hour beach in Dunedin. Only myself and a beginner who was on alead rope. So the guide (who was on foot!) said just go for it up and down the beach until we catch up:eek: So I was a bit apprehensive to begin with as have a fear of the horse just never stopping. But a lovely standardbred horse who trotted beautifully and went into the most smooth canter. The best bit - the sound of the hooves on the sound - awesome! Even managed to get into my 2-point seat. Wasn't confident enough to push into gallop (not that I would no know how!) But I must say did want to go faster and faster! Sorry no action pics, but some of the horse and beach. God knows why my leg is so far back - considerly my leg is always so far forward:eek: But I guess that is me at halt having a photo not thinking about position! Oh and had a scary moment where a sealion chased us:eek::eek:

Cute Horse Ears, check out the beautiful smooth sand
IMG_0010.jpg

Trolly, my trusty stead
IMG_0014.jpg

Me and Trolley on Aramoana Beach, Dunedin
IMG_0007.jpg

Some NZ scenery -An intersting keyhole in the rock
IMG_0012.jpg

I only have three things to say....
WOW! WOW! and WOW! again at that fantatsic beach. And well done on the ride. You look so happy and so does the beautiful horse! Was it your first time on a beach? I have yet to do a beach ride but it is one of my ambitions.

I only have three things to say....
WOW! WOW! and WOW! again at that fantatsic beach. And well done on the ride. You look so happy and so does the beautiful horse! Was it your first time on a beach? I have yet to do a beach ride but it is one of my ambitions.

Had a short ride on a beach in Fiji in June. Would totally recommend beach riding. I was always scared of it as I thought horses would bolt and go really fast but luckily I haven't had that experience and have felt in control. In fact something about riding near the water just relaxes you:)

oh wow that must have been fun! I live 5 mins drive away from a gorgeous beach and yet we hardly ever ride on it! Although my horses do live an hour a way but I have my old ponies I could ride on it on!
That looked like a gorgeous day! Lucky you!

Looks wonderful! There's nothing quite like riding on the beach- I did a few hours last summer on the North East coast (UK!) and it was the best riding- no people, two big hunters and me on a cobby-type who was endurance-fit. The hunters left us behind but we went for it- marvellous!:):D

And your horse is very handsome;) Your pics almost make me want to emigrate....

newrider.com