Little update

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
So I have just been getting to know the wee man and working with him. He’s been settling in and has a new field mate and a new field. They are coming in for winter this week as it’s really turning cold up here now.

He now getting all four feet picked out, groomed for head to toe and I’m just about to start working on getting him used to sprays etc. I have started working with him and the hose in order to be able to wash his legs, some days he is great and others he is a little dancer about it. He will get better with time :)

His favourite thing is eating (of course he’s Welsh ;) ) and getting scratches ;).

We tried trotting up today and it’s going to be a work in progress is all I’m going to say ;) :D

I am still trying to get over the massive missing part of me at the moment. It is strange having this little face looking at me over the door.

Last night my dad fixed the wee mans name plate on for me and knowing how I am left Kia’s firmly attached to the door. When I saw them both it just felt right x

EAFFCC4C-E270-4D0D-BC11-3FB5229ED62F.jpeg084D14C8-FF8F-4F97-B04F-5EC31D90EEA2.jpegA6DCE5A8-E531-4559-8C88-D68EDB7CA32C.jpegFDA53FFC-5664-43F6-916B-39F8DDC75660.jpeg6B4AB8FE-A9A6-49AA-9EA1-2A803EF9C947.jpegE47EAFEE-62C7-4423-9D9E-DEB2AA7582C6.jpeg0E7B55BB-78E1-4723-BA1D-E543B4FF4AC4.jpeg168C7D49-7FC8-449B-89CC-C45471B804DF.jpeg9BBEA4EA-5D9E-43A5-87A2-4AC33A71A6CB.jpeg
EC2CEE0B-48E9-4D3D-8458-7EC8A4C85594.jpeg

So pleased he is settling in. Yes, I think a hose is definitely in order for those legs! Why is it that white legged ponies are such mudlarks? Or is it just that it shows more?

Reactions: MrC
He's so striking isn't he, I love him. Glad he's keeping you entertained and hopefully helping to ease your heartache a little.

I think if I don’t get the hosing sorted I will have a very manky wee monster lol o_O

He has a very cheeky look about him but he’s a good boy really ;)

I’m honestly not sure, with it being his first winter coat they say you can’t tell what summer colour they will be as the foal coat is completely different.

I’m hoping he’s this dark and going by the colour on his muzzle which is dark I’m hoping he stays this colour :cool:

Gorgeous wee thing! Do you think having the new addition is helping ease the pain?

Yes and no. I go to the yard expecting Kia’s head over the door then get disappointed and upset when it’s not. Which isn’t fair on him I know. So I usually go make up his feed (balancer and a little beetpulp/grassnuts mix to soak the pellets) then come back and groom and pick out his feet then feed him and turn him out or I go bring him in do all of that then put him back out again.

I don’t call him Kia and I don’t treat him like that but I do miss the familiarity and having to constantly remind myself I can’t do XYZ as the wee man is still a bit jumpy.

He follows me everywhere with his eyes and if I leave him he waits and looks for me and nickers, if I’m in the field he will leave grazing to come see me and then graze near me so in this respects he is mimicking Kia or maybe our bond is heading that way I don’t know.

I think with time he will help mend what was broken the day Kia went to sleep but I think I’m still too much in mourning for him to fully fix me. I do love him and I think he will be everything i looked for and more, he does delight me and everyone who has met him thinks he’s fab I just need the time.

He is giving me motivation and filling the horsey need in me and I love working with youngsters so I think we will both help each other x

Hats off to you for dealing, it can’t be easy. I’m somewhat torn as I feel like a one horse woman and I see the jealousy (or I think I see it lol) when I interact with another horse and flip is not impressed. But I’d like an overlap as I feel it could help a bit. Yes it would be difficult to continue going to the same place where they were all the time, but to stop altogether after so long would be harder I think!
I can imagine you’re going to miss the easiness of a been there done that Kia, but the new challenge will be worth it, gonna be a stunner!

Hats off to you for dealing, it can’t be easy. I’m somewhat torn as I feel like a one horse woman and I see the jealousy (or I think I see it lol) when I interact with another horse and flip is not impressed. But I’d like an overlap as I feel it could help a bit. Yes it would be difficult to continue going to the same place where they were all the time, but to stop altogether after so long would be harder I think!
I can imagine you’re going to miss the easiness of a been there done that Kia, but the new challenge will be worth it, gonna be a stunner!
An overlap certainly helped me, if I looked at Socks in the field and took a step towards her Levi would follow me with his head and pin his ears back sharply at her whilst doing a big 'P*** off' expression. Since I lost him though, having the familiarity of still going up to the yard and being in the same stable and field has certainly helped. My routine has not adjusted much at all but it's given me still the horsey fix, even though it's my daughter riding (some of the time :rolleyes:) - S isn't what I want long term but for the moment she's just fine whilst I concentrate on other things and save the pennies towards the next one, whenever that will be. But I won't be without one.

@MrC - How did you choose him from the sale, was his breeding? Did you just like the look of him? I'm toying with the idea of buying a youngster however I'm nervous of buying one I like the look of but get it home and it's a toe rag :oops:

Reactions: Flipo's Mum
An overlap certainly helped me, if I looked at Socks in the field and took a step towards her Levi would follow me with his head and pin his ears back sharply at her whilst doing a big 'P*** off' expression. Since I lost him though, having the familiarity of still going up to the yard and being in the same stable and field has certainly helped. My routine has not adjusted much at all but it's given me still the horsey fix, even though it's my daughter riding (some of the time :rolleyes:) - S isn't what I want long term but for the moment she's just fine whilst I concentrate on other things and save the pennies towards the next one, whenever that will be. But I won't be without one.

@MrC - How did you choose him from the sale, was his breeding? Did you just like the look of him? I'm toying with the idea of buying a youngster however I'm nervous of buying one I like the look of but get it home and it's a toe rag :oops:

Nope I didn’t look at his breeding. I went round all the stables I’d marked in my catalogue to have a look at. My choices were made based on sex, colour and age. I then went round all the stables and had a look. If I liked what I saw I went in and handled them a little as I’m very much an aura person. I know a lot about how I feel once I have my hands on them. I rejected more than half after just looking. This wee guy intrigued me. He had a very strange calm but energetic feel to him and he was nosey but polite at the same time.

Once I saw him move properly it was a no brainer really.

newrider.com