Little update on my two ( well long update!)

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Well things are going perfectly well for my 2 winter projects I planned! I will start with Peerieman.

His training has admittedly been a doddle. However been delayed by me buggering my back, but all is on track again! Hes very very bright and after explaining something to him, which he listens very hard to take in! He just picks it up. Hes been out long reining, and bar having to work on him standing still without turning round to come and see me ( Hes just to friendly!) he has taken it all in his stride. Perfect in all manners of traffic, strides out well with excellent brakes and acceleration. As for his riding side he was very fidgety to have my child on board ( whos 4) whoever I spent a week just leaning over him in the stable and working on him standing still with weight on his back. Every time he decided to back up or wriggle hes was simply scuttled round the stable and represented with weight and to stand. This week a switch has flicked, and finally my daughter had her first hack out on him. He was beyond perfect, we met traffic and also his field mate. He whinned to him from afar after spotting him on the horizon, yet kept his cool and knew he had a precious cargo on board. To say that dude is foot perfect is not enough! Anyway back to his driving, I have bought him a London type flatbed dray. Needs a wee bit of TLC however it was an amazing find on ebay, and I cant wait to get it painted up, fixed up and under way.

Some pics of the lovely man himself. We had lots of snow today. The Black icelandic with him Tor ( owned by Wally on here) is his BFF lol. They are inseparable !

Now onto my New Mare Rosy posy :) Well what can I say.. my gambles paid off ! This mare is just a wonderful sensitive lady. It has come to my attention that she hasnt been ridden or driven by her last owners but thats another story lol! however I think she may of done at some point, but we are just starting her from scratch. I got on her in the week, Alough I am to big for her to be a regular rider I felt it was my duty to see her reaction! She went fine, she is very accepting like Peeriman and takes confidence from the handler/rider and picks up alot of vibes for sure. Had a great little tootle on her, and shes also been long reining out brilliantly. Today, my friend who is a great size for her got on and took her up the land, back down past the yard get and up the other way. She was A+ not a foot wrong. Relaxed and little ears interested. Im so pleased with her. Next week we plan to up the game and get her pulling weight.. then it will be the carriage, I do suspect shes driven, but with no proof its essential to go through the motions slowly and carefully. However Its looking like I have myself a wonderful and kind little ride and drive coblet bought from a photo when I wasnt even looking for one!! Sometimes Animals do just find you, I truley believe that. She has not put a single hoof wrong, she has no nastiness in her atall and I am completley besotted with her! I feel very blessed to of come across 2 such lovely equines, hopefully the next update will be even better with wheels involved :) Some pics of Rosy ..

lovely Bum!

Peeriemans and Rosies hoof prints!

and my lovely SnowEvilness !

and we cant leave out.... THE TASH

So I am a happy Gimp !

Last edited:
Reactions: Trewsers
Her Bog burnt feathers are growing back great, Shes had them Pigoiled when brought in our fields are not overgrazed and knee deep in mud like where she came from! so all in all they are now looking like bog brushes rather then bog burnt !!! Growing back well though so another thing Im pleased with.

:) all progressing very well and I'm glad to hear you are fully mobile again after your back problems. Do share some before and after pics of your cart when you get to that point :D

Reactions: Gimp
Those pics are gorgeous. Love the first 2 of Peerieman and Tor :p
All going amazingly well. Fabulous update.

Give yourself credit? When it comes to two horses being ever so good for you, I think much is down to the person. Not necessarilly being a better rider or horsewoman but being right for that horse or judging how to work with that particular horse.

Wonderful pictures and a wonderful update too. What a lucky find Rosy was. ...she's gawjus! And Peerie is such a sweetie. Really glad its all going so well. The snow looks lovely.....but keep it there!!! :p

The day after I took the snow photos, she found an escape path and was just hanging round the garden in the morning.. The snowaliens carrot had vanished !!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com