Little pic tribute to the horses that teach me to ride

ina.click

Jul 19, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
few pictures of the three RS horses I have ridden on. It's like a little tribute, as I consider that even the little progress I made is due to them and to my riding instructor. All of them have been really patient and good willed towards me and...ah well and I must remember to bring them carrots next time. And some chocolate for my riding instructor :)

This is Gratiela, and that was my first day ever.
5l566a.jpg

Gratiela again. I miss her :( but due to unexpected misunderstanding with the owner, I cannot see her anymore.
wv7h1d.jpg

This is Lava, Graziela's sister upon my humble newbie appreciation an excellent good willing horse, sadly on box rest :(
28wjuys.jpg

This is Fatima, also some kind of sister (all arabians seem to be related in this city heheh) and she is the one that walked me around off lounge last weekend
2r5f48n.jpg

2eyewdw.jpg

And am I paranoid or Fatima is skinny? Everyone says she is not, hmmm maybe I got used to the pictures of your beautiful cobs from the NR hehe.

And thats it. The more lessons I take, the more I start to respect these horsies as I do not doubt that they make efforts to adapt to the clumsiest riders - like me, lol -

She looks fine to me, Arabs are very finely built. Hard to tell from the photo though. In that first one, is there a standing martingale/draw reins or something on?

She looks fine to me, Arabs are very finely built. Hard to tell from the photo though. In that first one, is there a standing martingale/draw reins or something on?

Hello

I can't say what that is, as neither my horse experience neither my english are that progressed, but I can describe it:

It is something made from elastic, a stretchy thing that keeps the horse's head on same line with his body, meaning kinda down :(
Gratiela sadly did not have an elastic one, but a leather one.

I asked the RI's and the explanation was that it prevents the horse to headbutt me :)confused:)

I don't know what that thing is but it must be very uncomfortable.
Luckily these horses I ride on have a similar thing but it's made from a very stretchy elastic. And I noticed that it is not attached if the rider is someone a bit more confident / experienced

Last edited:
newrider.com