Little niggles

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Going to theatre.

It's been some years since I have been and I think it's going to depend largely on where you sit.
But how long has it been the norm to bring the bar drinks into the theatre?
People were constantly getting up either to go to loo despite an interval or get drinks despite an interval. The usher pounced on a group with bottles and got them to put it in the cups.
Luckily we were not the ones having to get up or have people standing directly in the row in front. But we did have a group of six directly to the right who were up and down throughout the show!

Over to you. Oh and it was a jolly good night :p:D

Reactions: Trewsers
Gosh I can't even remember the last time I went to a theatre. I think it must have been while I was still at school!

Mr T and I used to be regular Royal Shakespear theatre goers and nobody ever brought drinks back to their seats. The bar used to be heaving but we always managed to get served and have a sneaky g & t:D (had to have that otherwise I'd want the loo in the second half:p)

It depends on the show. The more off beat, the more likely it is that you'll have off beat behaviour e.g. getting drinks, going in and out, talking, taking pictures.

well i think it largely depends on the show and the kind of audience it attracts ;) by the sounds of things it wouldnt surprise me that much? more likely than during a showing of Phantom or a National Opera Production? That said, it wouldn’t be allowed either in the large city theatre here or the smaller local one.

newrider.com