Little bareback ride today

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
I'm not entirely convinced that Rubic's saddle is fitting as she has developed little lumps either side of her withers. I've had one person say it looks like protein lumps, another looked at them and the saddle and says she can't see anything glaringly obvious wrong with the saddle (neither can I). Anyway saddler is coming out on Friday so will just need to wait and see. Until then I don't want to put her saddle on and make things worse so I thought I'd work on the bareback riding! I should also add that I have thoroughly poked and prodded her back with absolutely no response what so ever so have made the decision to continue riding.

A friend persuaded me to try popping a tiny cross pole. For me this is a huge deal because Rubic has been known for her rushing and big jump. She is very eager when jumping. I've previously had her in strong bits and really struggled to keep her steady and balanced but I've been putting a lot of effort into staying her and I think her trot has really come on from super fast carthorse style to quite steady and balanced. Our canter still needs some work, it's a struggle just now!

Anyway I'll shut up and just post a little videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zajeh0SS-Tg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

newrider.com