Liquid rubber for stables

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I know Robinsons used to sell this, however I had a quick look and couldn't see it anymore on their website. Has anyone any experience of it? I used to worry it would crack but that's not an issue now. I really wanted it to fill in once and for all the drain in the byre that we don't need. We don't have cows and that's why it's there. All it means is I have to lay a full bale of shavings once a week to stop STorm from tripping up in it. I was thinking concrete but that's expensive and a bit scary for me (used to do bits and bobs of pointing on the last house but something like this is a lot bigger area even with ready mix). So I thought the rubber pouring stuff might work. If it cracks it can't be any worse. Can it? I also saw some megga expensive stuff that they use on race yards. But that's out of my price bracket. Anyone know of a reasonably priced one?

I don't know if you've already tried it, but you can get some really excellent expanding foams these days which are cuttable when fresh but really strong and hard when set. Might be easier than either concrete or rubber.

I don't know if you've already tried it, but you can get some really excellent expanding foams these days which are cuttable when fresh but really strong and hard when set. Might be easier than either concrete or rubber.
That's a good idea - I'll have a look. I did use expanding foam a few years ago to "blend in" an area behind the fireplace in the kitchen (we don't use it as a fireplace now)

How deep is it @Trewsers ? I’d probably get a bag of premixed self levelling concrete, it shouldn’t be hard to do.

I do remember they used to sell the liquid rubber, there used to be several companies that did, I’ll have a look. ETA Stuff like this https://horseandhoof.com/granulistic-liquid-rubber-flooring-116714-p.asp
Thanks for that link. I was a bit worried about using concrete, I know it sounds silly, but it's so "final" and if I get it wrong...........mind you, can't imagine that the rubber would be that easy to undo once it's down either.
Maybe Jane and Zigg's suggestion of the expanding foam might be better on that basis..........................
Decisions Decisions.....................................

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com