Lighting

birat

Jul 2, 2008
Just thought I would pick a few brains if I may.

Our yard doesnt have electricity just a generator. YO leaves fuel but it v often runs out. I use a head torch and manage ok but would like an all round light to make mucking out a bit easier in the dark.

Any suggestions?

you can buy great big tourches which are like 1m candle lights and can easily light up a stable. not cheap but woth the investment.
otherwise its getting a light with its own generator which is more costly and noisy

Ps - only know it gives good light as we had a power cut last week, lasted from 3pm-12am (man i didnt know how much i used my telly lol) anyway... one of them torches lighted up my front room nicely. Thats 18ft by 16ft.... so should light a stable.

hope that helps x

I used to have a brilliant rechargeable torch which had a large area and would be brilliant for mucking out. You should check out the selection at your nearest DIY store.

Thanks I will have a look at the 1m+ candle torch types. (hopefully rechargeable) I did have one years ago and it wasnt v good put perhaps not enough candles :rolleyes:.
I have tried a rechargeable lantern and that was rubbish, need something that will throw light down as well as all round that just sent light upwards.

I don't have electricity, we either use lights off a battery, lights off a generator or a rechargeable fluorescent tube light, it gives off a really good light and lasts a while (I manage to do 6 stables and feed with it before it goes off.)

The rechargeable fluorescent sounds good will have a look for one. Tried the inspection type attached to a 12v battery but it only took a 50w bulb and was bit dim.

newrider.com