Libra treeless saddles?

I've got the trec and love it. Did try the hackabout and not for me. Though i do have review of it.
It has a gullet which is moveable and the only thing you have to watch really is the symetry as with any treeless.
I did find it comfortable but compared to my trec didnt impress to keep.

Brill link! It's helped me find some others that look good as well.:)

Also thanks to newforest ;) I'll get one from a shop so I can send it back/get advise if I find it too uncomfortable :D

What other saddles are you also interested in? I personally didnt like the easytrek and that got sold on. I found the panels collapsed.

I like teh look of the freeform/free max and the Barefoot London ones. I was a bit unsure of the easytrek ones because they looked a bit of a small company and I couldn't find much about them :confused:.

I like the look of the solution saddles as well,mostly because they look very like treed saddles, but the price of them are well over my budget lol!

Also Jay,my horsey, has slightly high withers,not overly but just a tad. Do you think I would have a problem/have to get extra padding?
I recently got him a personalised saddlecloth that cost over £30 and I'm worried I won't be able to use it :(

i have a barefoot cheyenne and i love it, if u were to get the london you'd have to use your new pad underneath the treeless pad as the barefoot's dont have panels, but if you got one with panels you should be able to use your new pad :) my friend tried my cheynne on her quite high withered horse, seemed fine, altho the HM fhoenix's seem to popular for high withered horses......which is what she bought in the end, depends what your budget is????

not sure if you'd need the extra padding with a barefoot, is hes very high withered they recommend the thicker pads which i like better than the standard one :) and maybe the narrow pommel?

I loved my cheyenne but my horse didn;t share my views, I also loved my barefoot london but again - Archie wasn't impressed!! - Bob's owner on here is selling her Barefoot London if you're thinking about one of them?

My budget is about £200, so it would have to be second hand if I got a HM or solution, and lucky to get it for that as well haha! :D

That was why I was interested in the libra hackabout cause it looks like a good budget saddle

Hi
I've been using the libra hack about since february. To be fair it is the only treeless I've tried (so nothing to compare it to) and I chose it after doing much research, but I have been very pleased with it. It is very comfy and my pony goes well in it.

We had tried various treed saddles before and I even had a saddle fitter out but wasn't impressed with the options available, they either needed cruppers and anti slip pads or they would move forward or slip.

I did push the boat out and buy the christ lammfelle pad which is pure luxury to go underneath it, and it has never slipped round or forward. I bought it in brown, but like it so much I would eventually like a black one!!

The only thing against it: I got a synthetic one and if you catch it slightly, the material comes off, so if you can afford, go for leather. I only hack so for me I don't have any complaints about it.
Good luck in your search.

I recently got him a personalised saddlecloth that cost over £30 and I'm worried I won't be able to use it :(

You would be able to use this pad over the recommended treeless pad. Unless you get a saddle with a gullet that requires no shimming to keep it level, you will have to use a treeless saddle pad.

picture.php

this is mine but ignore the haf pad, as i've sold it. i now use a torsion pad as i have loads of spinal clearance.:)

newrider.com