Lessons from todays hack

tiga

Oct 29, 2007
Brighton, East Sussex
1. When talking to your hacking partner do not stand in your stirrups, put reins in one hand and turn around. Your bombproof horse is very likely to spook at nothing and you will fall off and explode.

2. When this happens, try to avoid falling into the stinging nettles. There is a design fault in the air jacket and it does not protect you from stinging nettles.

3. Try to hold onto the plonker of a horse. Otherwise, said plonker will b*gger off in the gigantic field. Numpty rider will then have to try to catch the bl**dy thing.

4. Try to enjoy the game of 'catch me if you can' as much as plonking horse is. It makes the very long walk up the gigantic field seem easier.

5. When plonking horse tires of his game and canters back to the gate at the other side of the field, don't bother running. He is quite happy by the gate.

6. Do not take offence when the group of ramblers and your hacking partner waiting at the gate find my predicament so very entertaining and my horse so hilarious.

7. Do not worry about the fact that I have used yet another gas canister. They are on sale at the moment. Yay!:dance:

No numpty riders or plonking horses were injured during this hack. Numpty rider does have sore arms from stupid nettles and numpty rider's friend nearly wet her pants laughing.

Hehe, I envy you your cross country, dressage and le trec efforts, am very jealous when I see Izzy looking all handsome and eager in your photos....but it is nice to know he's not forgotten his roots and continues to keep you on your toes hehe. Gotta give it to the boy!!:giggle:

PS, sorry to be a bit OT but these point two jackets. Do they do anything to minimise boob bounce like a normal BP?:redface:

Teehee that's very funny :) sorry!

My friend fell off a couple of days ago, I laughed very much because she narrowly missed getting caught on the clothes line in the back garden which her horse bolted into! She ducked to miss it and her horse stopped dead...she went over the horses shoulder!

newrider.com