Lesson today

B

Black Beastie

I had a lovely lesson with Eowyn tonight in practice for our classes at Grandslam in two weeks time.:dance:

We were working on our trot work and our extention in trot and also on our canter.

Here are the pix let me know what you think

DSC04971.jpg

DSC04976.jpg

DSC04983.jpg

DSC04984.jpg

DSC04985.jpg

DSC04981.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

DSC04981.jpg

DSC04979.jpg

More pix in the next post:biggrin:

Nikki xxx

Ok trot and extention pix

EE5.jpg

EE4.jpg

EE3.jpg

EE1.jpg

EE2.jpg

I have a vid on youtube I made of the lesson and videos mashed together, good bits and bad bits lol!!! I will post it once I have uploaded it.

Nikki xxxx:bounce:

Looks really good ^.^
Stunning horsey lol
Something slightly more constructive, seems to extend quite nicely, seems to be stretching his legs out nicely in front of him.
But yea, he's stunning, what is he?

Shes a Warmblood X TB as far as i know lol!!!

Loves her jumping and has lovley paces once you can unlock them. I am just getting consistant with the buttons lol!!!

Nikki xxx:cloud9:

She's a very handsome horse :) It may just be the pics, or even the BP, but you look a bit tense and bunched up in some of them, easily done if you're concentrating hard. My instructor is constantly shouting at me to relax :D

Being pernickety your hands are generally a bit low too ;) What's the competition you're entering? :)

What a difference to the horse you got Nikki:D. She looks fab!

I agree with Yann about lifting your hands slightly (I'm terrible for that too). I dont think you look so much tense as terribly serious - usually you're grinning in photos:biggrin:

My favourite pic is the second pic in the second post:wub:

What class are you doing at Grandslam (is that at Ingliston?)

thanks guys!!!

She is doing Small Riding horse classes so i get to use my bling lol!!! And yes its at ingliston on 18th sept cant wait I had Kia there last year and the judging was a disgrace so different judge and different horse to see how we go!!!

I tend to drop my hands with her not to force her to a contact but because she just generally takes one up herself:smug: so i tend just to let ht ehand go low. Will have to concentrate on picking them up lol!!!

Thanks SM I look abck at the srawny pics and go thank god for summer grass lol!! She almost doesnt look the same horse!!!

Nikki xxx

Really?? A saddle can affect that???

I just assumed it was just me being laxy and not paying attention to business haha!!

Hmmm might look into that what would you recommend EML???

nikki xxx:smile:

Just a guess but your saddle looks to have a high cantle which is tipping you forward on your pelvis, it is almost impossible to carry hands correctly if this is happening. Could you try with a flatter saddle to see if this helps. You may find it also stops you looking down as well!!

Sorry being a bit overcritical here!!

If you want pm me pictures of your show turnout I can get fussy with those as well. The judges this year all work with top show horses so you need to be as perfect as possible!!!

Last edited:
She is lovely, and she's going beautifully for you: very calm and obedient.

But yes, I think you are tipping forward, and your hands are very bent at the wrists, which would make you seem stiff. Also, in a couple of them you seem to have my favourite fault - turning your toes out. If you could fix those, you'd look more relaxed.

Just a guess but your saddle looks to have a high cantle which is tipping you forward on your pelvis, it is almost impossible to carry hands correctly if this is happening. Could you try with a flatter saddle to see if this helps. You may find it also stops you looking down as well!!

Sorry being a bit overcritical here!!

If you want pm me pictures of your show turnout I can get fussy with those as well. The judges this year all work with top show horses so you need to be as perfect as possible!!!

That would be lovely EML!!! Will do I have a few piccies of us Ill pm you them tonight.

Nikki xxx :biggrin:

newrider.com