Leo and Sasa

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Leo, the little meat trade pony, thinks Sasa is his new mummy!

Leo is a comtois x pottock and Sasa is a comtois type - well she looks pretty much a full comtois to me.

They have palled up and he adores her.

Attachments

• DSC01449.jpg
    DSC01449.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01450.jpg
    DSC01450.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC01446.jpg
    DSC01446.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 58
she is coming on, she is beginning to understand how to turn and follow me to close gates, she hadn't a clue what to do when she arrived but she seems quite bright once she understands. Of course I am talking to her in double dutch which doesn't help.

Leo was a very brave boy and has his feet trimmed today, this is only the second time he has had them done - he is three years old!

He was very very good, and his feet look beautiful now.

He's coming on leaps and bounds by the sounds of things, am I right in thinking that he was the one they couldnt catch and it took longer for him to arrive because of this?

he was late in coming here as he wouldn't be microchipped so couldn't be passported, so he came about a month after his siblings.

he is now very good, been rugged, had his teeth electric rasped, lead and catches no problem, picks up feet no problem, is very self confident pest of a pony now. i can lead him with Sasa, one of each side, no problem, so he is just a regular pony now.

he was a little wooshtty about being trimmed, we tried him out in the yard but no go, so brought him in and he was fine, a few little oops and hops but really not bad at all. if you ask for foot he holds it up for you and bows....

earlier in the week, he was playing and cantering then leaping in the air like a gazelle! just full of the joys, even Sasa tub of lard managed to get a hind leg off the ground and have a buck.

newrider.com