Leg wraps

Free Adverts from New Rider

Ale

Feb 8, 2012
Brodie has had mud fever a couple of years running now. His legs don't get hosed off often but he's ridden alot in a flooded school. Do you think it's a good idea to get him some?

His legs sometimes look puffy in the morning from stabling and he's a little stiff? Not sure if they would get used every night but would they help?

I'm not sure what to get him for Christmas this year so any other ideas would be great!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Do you mean the mud fever chaps?
I had the Equilibrium ones for Chloe - and they are still in really good condition. (She doesn't wear them now as never gets near enough mud to warrant them being put on). However I can recommend them highly. They wash well too.
If you're looking to reduce the puffy leg thing - I can also recommend another Equilibrium product - their chaps with the magnets in. They are great for injuries and also help reduce puffiness (sure I read that somewhere). Lol I sound like I work for them (I don't !) but I love their products. Here's a link for the chaps with the magnets in. They are dead easy to put on and off too.

And I see they do a plain chap with no magnets too.

Reactions: Ale

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
I have the Thermatex leg wraps and find they're great. You can pop them on wet muddy legs and they dry them off and then keep the joints warm. I also find the warmth reduces filling and stiffness even though they aren't fitted firmly. If filling alone is the problem then stable bandages over gamgee are probably your best bet, but these are so much easier and I don't worry about other people putting them on if I'm away.

Reactions: Ale

Ale

Feb 8, 2012
Thanks both, should have been clearer but it was the style to go on in the stable to help dry legs and keep them warm that I was looking for. Will look into both your suggestions so thank you šŸ˜Š

Reactions: Trewsers

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I have used both the Thermatex and Snuggy Hoods wraps to dry legs off overnight and prevent mud fever. I also used the Barrier H Heel to Hoof cream as a barrier on the legs and that worked well too.

newrider.com