Leaving Megan behind... going to Spain

Imp

Megan's mummy :-D
Sep 6, 2005
OH and I are going with his mum and dad and sister and her OH to Barcelona for the weekend from tomorrow evening.

I've got my eldest daughter coming back from uni in the Midlands to look after/referee the other two.

I was going to ask my 'horsey' younger daughter to look after Megan but having had her tootsies trodden on three times by various horses since September and with Meg's heart 'issue' she's a bit anxious. I've therefore asked a trusted fellow livery to look after her, she normally cares for the YO's pony and charges £10 per day for full care and I fully trust her. I'm happy with this but feel a bit funny (funny peculiar, not funny ha-haa) leaving her :( I know I've only had her since the end of January but I really think nobody will care for her quite as well as I do, which is daft because I've never had total care of a horse in my 43 years before so Megan is my guinea pig (confusing cross-species experience for her but she understands).

It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but I felt like this when I left my babies with a sitter years ago :( :eek:

OOOHHHH, silly aren't I? This is actually putting a blight on me looking forward to the trip... that and at 10pm this Saturday evening we're all going to see Barcelona -v- Real Madrid play - ho hum *yawns and pats mouth* not a footie fan :rolleyes:

On top of all of that, I won't be able to look at NR either until Tuesday for my daily equine inspiration... just how HARD is this going to get :confused: :confused:

Imp said:
It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but I felt like this when I left my babies with a sitter years ago :( :eek:
OOOHHHH, silly aren't I? This is actually putting a blight on me looking forward to the trip...
dont be embarrassed and its not silly, I had only had Bex a couple of weeks and we had already booked a holiday in Menorca, I was terrible, I asked my friend to text me morning and evening to let me know he was ok and carried my mobile with me constantly in case she had to call because something was wrong, (as if I could have done anything from there?) I paid her for the texts and of course had to reply to each one :D I even took photos of him with me on holiday, my OH often states "you love those horses more than you do me!" I usually reply with "want a cup of tea dear?" as this is from the bloke that has a cctv camera trained on his motorbike in the garage, :p
Megan will be fine just like Bex was, and I hope that you have a really good time, but football? cant you find a riding stable to go to while they watch it? :D :D

It's just your emotions talking Imp, isn't it? The rational side of you knows that Megan will be looked after perfectly by your competent friend. After all, if you were asked to look after a friend's horse in their absence, wouldn't you make a 101% job of it? But you are quite naturally going to miss her dreadfully and we would ALL be the same.... we do it all for the love of our beasties, after all :)

Console yourself with the fact that it is only for the weekend, count down the hours until you are back.... once you are there you will probably have a great time (except the match - yeurgh!! :D )

Re: missing NR - me, I just couldn't do it. I had one day this week when I couldn't log on from 0730 until 1730 and I had withdrawal symptoms!!!! :p Imagine the delight and glee when you log-in next week and click on "New Posts" - I would make a flask and sandwiches and settle down for some serious pc time!!!! :D :D :D

Have a great break..... xxxxx
J&C

Not daft at all Imp. Just normal. When I go away, the yard expects multiple phone calls from me from various odd locations, just checking...
Have a wonderful time in Barcelona.:D

BTW, understand completely what you mean about nR. I've been away with work for a couple of days this week, and I feel like I've missed loads.

I know what you mean Imp. Even at the moment if I have had a few late meetings at work and OH says that he will do Cooper on his own, I still insist on going around to see him!

Firstly, it is early days and I want the bonding to continue and for him 'not to forget me'. :rolleyes:
Secondly, because OH hasn't done as much reading, had as much experience or indeed NR time I still feel we need to be there together to build a routine that we can then follow when there individually.

You have done a lot of work with Megan on the ground and to leave her for even a few nights is an emotional pull.:confused:

Just wait until you start browsing around the shops in Barcelona! When we were in Spain the week before Cooper arrived we had a few evenings in town and a day in Malaga. No longer were the clothes shops, furniture, nick nacks interesting. Who cares about the huge Cortes Ingles store! Where are the tack shops or anything with horses on them?????

At least you have all the Gaudi stuff to see - pretty amazing.

It will make you love her all the more.

Have a lovely weekend.

(I would be more worried about the kids! - The parties we used to have when my parents went away:D :p )

xx

newrider.com