Leather length

**ziggy

Used to be Toz!! #rubbishattechnogy😳
Jun 8, 2022
Lechlade
I have some bonded- think that’s leather covered non stretch web core type leathers.
I’ve never really been overly keen on them. A saddler told me to buy them when I had a calf skin saddle, it was getting damaged from normal leathers.
Now however I have a regular tougher leather saddle, it’s an Albion k2
My leathers are squeaking like mad and it’s driving me nuts!
So I’m here looking online at new ones. I have absolutely no idea on size though!
So first wonder is will normal leathers stop the squeak. Secondly I’m looking at the T bar Webber type, which yes I moaned like stink about when a horse I ride had them but now I’m used to them I wonder if less leather means less squeak?
If so they come in 30” 28” or 26”
This means nothing to me 😂 is 26” child or short legged adult?

Clean and oil both. If you still squeak which I totally get can drive you nuts, check the length of your leathers and that you are sat centrally.
It's the movement of your lower leg that is either moving forward or backwards from where the leather is hanging.

T bar I went off because I adjust my leather if jumping and they are a pain in the backside.
Whatever your current leather length is, half it, that's the approx length of t bar you need.

Reactions: **ziggy
Clean and oil both. If you still squeak which I totally get can drive you nuts, check the length of your leathers and that you are sat centrally.
It's the movement of your lower leg that is either moving forward or backwards from where the leather is hanging.

T bar I went off because I adjust my leather if jumping and they are a pain in the backside.
Whatever your current leather length is, half it, that's the approx length of t bar you need.
They are a total pita to alter yes.
I just don’t get it, I don’t squeak on anything else. I had blamed my boots, I keep some at work and some at home so I blamed the home boots but having ridden in both on both horses I decided it was the leathers. Will try oiling,
I don’t generally oil having read most are blends which can rot stitching but have recently purchased some pure neatsfoot so will give that a try.
Thank you!

Shiny surfaces are more likely to squeak when rubbed together.
My expensive lined leathers dont shine. I have cleaned them for years with effax leather balm.

Reactions: **ziggy
newrider.com