LATEST NEWS, james gray

J

jaydevon

EXCELLENT NEWS,So there must be enough evidence for a trial ????,and i assume that the horses/donkeys will remain in the safe hands of Redwings,ILPH and THS ? Was anyoe fom here there
"Jamie Gray to face 10-week court hearing in December

Abigail Butcher, H&H news editor

13 May, 2008

Jamie Gray, the man accused of causing unnecessary suffering to 125 horses, ponies and donkey will appear in court in December.

The hearing at Bicester Magistrates Court is expected to last for 10 weeks — and finish mid-March.

On 4 January this year, 31 equines were found dead at Gray's Spindle Farm in Amersham, and 111 other horses, ponies and donkeys were rescued in one of the biggest horse welfare cases on record in the UK.

The case and plight of the equines involved sparked intense media interest.

The case is expected to run from 8-19 December, adjourn for Christmas and start again on 12 January 2009 until early March.

RSPCA deputy head of press Becky Hawkes told H&H: "This is a long hearing for animal cruelty, but we were expecting it because of the large numbers of witnesses being called and evidence that needs to be heard.

"It may conclude earlier, depending on how quickly the evidence is heard."

The family — James John Gray, Julie Gray, Cordelia Gray and Jodie Gray, of Spindle Farm, Hyde Heath, Amersham — have pleaded not guilty to 12 charges related to section 4 and section 9 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 — which cover causing unnecessary suffering to and failing to meet the needs of a total of 125 equines

Glad to hear it,thought for a while he was going to slip through the net.

Wonder how a certain trouble maker on another forum is reacting to that bit of news,still declaring JG's innocence no doubt:rolleyes:

Keeping everything crossed for a guilty verdict.

Is a bit of a blow that it not until december,lot of people's interest will have faded by then.

I hope justice is served. (wishful thinking but at least the case is actually bring take seriously for a change - rather than all of those other incidents where people get away with these kinds of things)

DL. Myjack, im guessing who you meen,. is sitting waiting to pounce. i still get pms from her, very amusing, but did help us to identifiy who she was.

the publics intrest has already faded unfortuantley, but in all honesty i can see that we could do too much more, by all the campaining before, we managed to stop the horses being sent back and to the sales.

Thats good news, I just hope that the charities caring for the rescues aren't hampered in making decisions for the long term welfare of the horses in the meantime. Would be lovely if those well enough could be found foster homes and enjoy life with a one-to-one owner while the wheels of justice are slowly turning in motion.
However, well done to all those who have worked so hard in every aspect of this sad case.

I did hear that they were going to be allowed to have some Shetlands and donkeys back, as the Judge decided that they were 'pets'?? Was that worng then, or did they get some animals back?

I could quite happily lock that chap in a stable and walk away...

Sue

no animals were returned to jg, after a huge public campaign the judge reviewed the ruling.

im not sure what the plans are for the horses, i will contact the horse trust and see what they say

DL. Myjack, im guessing who you meen,. is sitting waiting to pounce. i still get pms from her, very amusing, but did help us to identifiy who she was.

the publics intrest has already faded unfortuantley, but in all honesty i can see that we could do too much more, by all the campaining before, we managed to stop the horses being sent back and to the sales.

That's exactly who I mean!! You identified who it was?? Pray tell,haven't been on other forum for a while must have missed that bit of juicy gossip!!

it is frustrating the length of time it takes to get these things to court.

I just hope the people who stand up and give evidence are not treated the same way Frances and I have been treated for putting out feet down with a firm hand and calling the EH officers in to do something abut the cruelty.....then not letting go! ;)

............we'd do it again you know :D

its a pain how long it takes, but jugding from plutos case,. it was only 2 weeks ago my vet actually asked for my permission to talk on a more personal level with the rspca, thats 1 horse, so i can imagine how long it will take with 125+.

I hope justice is done and this man receives the punishment he deserves for the terrible things he has done.

nope not at the moment, as hes legal, rumour has it that he is being investigated in ref to other properties, and foreign imports/exports.

to be honest, with so much intrest surrounding him i cant see him putting a toe out of line.

Court trials always take forever to come round its always the way but there are lots of procedures to follow before a case reaches trial so it has to be that way. It may be a good thing for it to quieten down a little as they say the amount of publicity could jeapordise him having a fair hearing and if that's the case he will get off! Best to keep things low key for the time being and go mad in December after the trial hopefully after a good result!

newrider.com